The watch that Hobby collects dies in the process of dying
Aurelia describes her illness as an "invisible cancer". For eight years she has been fighting for permission to use euthanasia.
Only a few cases of suicide are reported in the media, for good reason: to avoid further suicides. Aurelia does not want to incite anyone to commit suicide with her story. She wants those who want to end their life due to incurable pain, to be able to do so independently with medical supervision. Not alone, after an overdose. Not by jumping in front of a train or from a tall building. But at home, in your own bed, surrounded by friends. With dignity.
The Dutch Levenseindekliniek (End of Life Clinic) sends out mobile teams to carry out outpatient euthanasia. But it is not easy for the mentally ill to get this approved. Aurelia also applied for permission to die there. The first time in 2012, but was turned down because she had not tried all of the treatment options. At the beginning of 2017 she was one of 503 applicants. She talked to doctors and psychologists, filled out forms and shared her medical history. And she made this process public.
What is the difference between a terminally ill patient who can no longer endure the pain of his physical illness and a terminally ill patient who can no longer endure the pain of his mental illness? This is Aurelia's mission, she blogs, posts, tweets. She wants to tell her story, raise awareness and hope to create greater understanding of euthanasia for mental illnesses.
- Why are Marwari so good in business
- What is superficial communication
- Healthy life is a fundamental right
- Why is passion overrated 1
- Why are most of the agricultural countries poor
- Can a straight person become gay?
- Why did you start your own business?
- What are American family values
- How can I get gold from Ghana
- Why did Vietnam invade Cambodia
- India has honest people
- Why is teaching not considered a profession
- Can junk food ever be healthy?
- Why are Harry Potter films the best
- How much does a 1988 20 invoice cost
- Can rank Google 404 error pages
- Why are people so afraid of cryptocurrencies?
- What is 7,000 yen
- Why do people need offensive weapons
- Why do people want to leave Singapore
- How to pronounce cymru
- How difficult is chemical engineering
- What protein powder do professional bodybuilders use
- Can a pregnant woman use ENO
- Why are Buffalo Chicken Wings called Buffalo
- Is luck or intelligence more important
- Which Harvard houses are the best overall
- Is psychology a good major
- Malaysia is a developed country
- What is stamina muscle
- How are volcanoes formed on earth?
- Why are tumors sore
- Is affiliate marketing productive