What's the blob
Klecks (German) 
Noun, m[To edit]
 a blobKetchup on a towel
- Blob, plural: blob · se
- IPA: [klɛks]
- Audio samples: blob (Info)
- Rhymes: -ɛks
-  colloquial: small amount of a pasty or viscous substance
-  Stain caused by a pasty or liquid substance
- attested since the 18th century; older form Blob attested since the 16th century; this to the verb blob educated
-  No brainer
-  stain
-  Blot of paint, blot of ink
-  I want another one blob Jam on the bun.
-  There has to be one more blob Cream on it!
-  "The Blobswhich he did with it, he dabbed open with a corner of the blotting paper. "
-  Now I have one blob on the blouse.
-  Look, there are louder here Blobs on the tablecloth.
Characteristic word combinations:
- [1, 2] make a blob
- blotch, blotchography
References and further information:
-  Jacob Grimm, Wilhelm Grimm: German dictionary. 16 volumes in 32 sub-volumes. Leipzig 1854–1961 "Klecks"
- [1, 2] Digital dictionary of the German language "Klecks"
- [1, 2] University of Leipzig: Vocabulary portal "Blob"
- [1, 2] The Free Dictionary "blob"
- ↑Duden editorial team (editor): Duden, the dictionary of origin. Etymology of the German language. In: The Duden in twelve volumes. 4th edition. Volume 7, Dudenverlag, Mannheim / Leipzig / Vienna / Zurich 2006, ISBN 978-3-411-04074-2, page 411.
- ↑Friedrich Kluge, edited by Elmar Seebold: Etymological dictionary of the German language. 24th, revised and expanded edition. Walter de Gruyter, Berlin / New York 2001, ISBN 978-3-11-017473-1, DNB 965096742 page 494.
- ↑Walter Kempowski: Reprehensible & Wolff. A bourgeois novel. CW Niemeyer, Hameln 1991, ISBN 3-87585-911-1, page 44. The book was first published in 1971.
Similar words (German):
- written and / or pronounced similarly:No brainer, cookie
- What computer does a Linux programmer use?
- Why are children smarter than me
- Which Xbox game should I buy
- Are answers to Quora reliable
- EBay protects the identity of buyers and sellers
- What is it like to be clinically depressed
- Is Costco Wholesale threatened by Amazon
- What are the benefits of friendship
- Which religion is most like the Methodist?
- What is the best cellular provider
- What countermeasures do submarines have?
- What are seaworthy sailing boats
- This whole controversy surrounding Trump Ukraine is exaggerated
- Digital products are good business
- What happens when you eat copper pennies
- Talking teacher garbage about students
- What does the wavy line symbol mean
- What are the benefits of web marketing
- What does the musical term Etuede mean?
- Are psychedelically safe
- Could man live on Mars?
- What desserts do people in Peru eat
- What is e-commerce and its types
- People buy self-published books