What questions should you ask the CEO?
Job & Career
HR managers aren't the only ones allowed to ask questions at an interview. In any case, that shouldn't be the case, because as an employee or as an applicant, you can find out important information about your future job and the company if you ask the HR manager the right questions.
1. How has this position evolved since it was created?
You can use this question to find out if the position has evolved over the years or if it is a Dead end for workers represents. If the HR manager says that the position has developed, it means that your chances of growth in the company are good. This means that new responsibilities could be added or the employer is willing to trust you more than just this position. However, if the job has stayed the same for years, you should don't expect to move up in this company.
However, it also depends on what you want: Perhaps you are currently not interested in climbing the career ladder, but have a different focus.
2. What have employees done before me to successfully complete their tasks?
By asking this question, you can find out how the company measures "success". In this way you can assess how high the expectations will be and whether you have the necessary skills. However, you shouldn't be too deterred if the person in front of you approached the job very differently than you would - people are different and solve problems and tasks in different ways.
The bloggers from 100000jobs.ch have put together more on this topic: 6 questions that you can ask yourself during an interview
3. What do you like most about working in your company?
This gives you an insight into what the HR manager values most about the job. If the respondent cannot give a satisfactory answer, there is a good chance that you will not come up with anything positive about working in this company later on.
Also the question "What is the corporate culture like?" can be important as a follow-up question. Whether the work culture and the environment are suitable for you or not is an important factor for happiness at work. It is better to do online research on this point before the interview. However, if you can also get the inside information from the interviewee, you will receive important information that will help you decide whether you would like to work there or not.
4. What work will be the top priority in this position over the next three months?
You can use this question to find out which tasks are the focus of this position. In addition, you will receive important information about what you would have to do on the first day in order to make a good impression if you get the job.
Those who like it more directly asks afterwards: “What does a typical day in this position look like?”. Make sure you have a friendly poker face as you listen to the answer. Later, with this information, you can imagine what it would be like to do the job every day.
5. For a managerial position: What are the qualities of successful managers in your company?
First of all: You should get an answer to this question in the following style: "Our best managers are independent thinkers, good teachers and know exactly in which direction the company should go." The characteristics are interchangeable, the important thing is that the HR manager Can tell you what makes a good manager in this company. If he or she cannot name you a “star” in the ranks of managers, it may mean that the company is hesitant to make progress and fewer people are promoted.
If you are given characteristics, as in the example above, think about how and whether you have acted according to these principles in your professional life so far.
6. For an entry position: If I got the job, how would I work with my manager?
Based on this question, you can evaluate whether you are actively working with your supervisor in this entry position and who is supporting you, or whether you are simply taking orders and are therefore less able to present your skills and know-how in order to move up the career ladder later.
If the HR manager cannot find an answer to this question or if you understand that you would not work with superiors in this position, then ask about the reasons. Some of these can be very illuminating.
7. What are the typical challenges faced by a person in this position?
It's easier to gauge whether a job is right for you when you knows what to expect. For example, you may be told that you will often work at irregular hours. Or that you head a department where the budget is very tight. Or that you have to work a lot of overtime.
If the recruiter does not give you any challenges, this indicates that he is yours not telling the whole truth. Basically, you will of course be told the least unpleasant challenges on this question in the interview. But that's enough to get an impression.
Bonus tip: Show problem-solving skills and creativity by making suggestions for the practical or content-related problems mentioned. Sure, you don't have to solve all of their problems on the spot - just make the HR manager want more.
8. Do you have any concerns about my qualifications?
Caution: You should only ask this question if you are confident enough to address your weaknesses in the interview - and if you have prepared yourself thoroughly for all possible answers.
With the question you show yourself ready and able to be led. This willingness to be guided can give you advantages over other applicants. However, this question also harbors considerable risks: the HR manager could ask you about weaknesses for which you have no quick-witted justification without preparation - in a hurry. That can also make you appear in a worse light.
- Is homeopathy real or medical fraud
- What is your favorite fugue, not by Bach
- What is a divergence of the gradient function
- Are you passionate about your job
- What is the salary of a customs officer
- What do I learn for the aptitude test
- A kilo is a kilogram
- Who made the Apple AirPods
- What's open on Christmas Day
- Why is Pakistan becoming secular
- What are the money habits of billionaires
- Why is Hideo Kojima leaving Kojima Productions
- Considered working in retail as a sales experience
- What contributed to the success of Steams
- Why should I never visit Pakistan
- When do Amazon or Flipkart make offers?
- How do I motivate a lazy son
- How could communism be a viable economy?
- Is this a good gaming PC
- What are the main exports of Pakistan
- Why is time the fourth dimension
- Can starvation make me thin
- What is a self-taught woman
- What are the advantages of LISP