Why is the internet still unsafe
Set up WLAN securely
The short 1x1 of WLAN
What is a router? The connection to the Internet is established by a router, i.e. the plastic box that is usually included with the conclusion of an Internet contract. The word "router" comes from "route" - so the router is your gateway to the information superhighway. The router is the hardware with which you can set up a WLAN in your home.
What does WLAN mean anyway?
WLAN stands for Wireless Local Area Network, i.e. a wireless local network. The W indicates that you can connect to the Internet without a cable. In contrast to the LAN, the router is connected to the computer or smartphone via radio signal - without a cable. The term "WLAN cable" - a wireless cable - stubbornly creates amusement among experts.
And what is the difference between WLAN and WiFi?
Wi-Fi or Wifi is incorrectly used synonymously for WLAN or a hotspot in many European countries. Because: While WLAN is a technical term, WiFi is a brand name. Wifi is to WLAN like speed is to a handkerchief.
What do you do with an access point?
While a router, to put it simply, brings the Internet into the house, access points are often used to slightly extend the range of the WLAN. Usually it is about distances between 20 centimeters and 50 meters. With the access point, the WLAN can be extended from the study to the second floor, for example. The router takes care of the WLAN, while the access point creates a WPAN Wireless Personal Area Network - a wireless personal network. The difference between WLAN and WPAN lies in the ranges and transmission powers, which are significantly lower with WPAN.
What is WPA2-PSK?
WPA2-PSK is a method that you can use to protect your wireless network from cyber attacks. The cryptic term stands for Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 - Pre-Shared Key. "Wi-Fi Protected Access" describes a process with which the WLAN signal is encrypted so that no unauthorized person can latch into the connection. The "PSK" means "previously agreed key" and describes encryption in which the key must be known to all participants. In simple terms, many people also speak of WPA or WPA 2.
- When will life be found on Mars?
- What causes water retention
- Pays YouTube taxes
- What should everyone experience in life
- Why does Donald Trump wear red ties?
- You Can Lose Money Dropshipping
- Why is our generation getting so fucked
- When do you eat Is it right
- How can I learn Chinese in Singapore
- How do I think like an engineer
- Can we eat grapes
- How effective and efficient are wind turbines
- What is Durham Bristol
- What is a hospital system
- How many girls are kidnapped in the USA?
- What is inheritance in DBMS
- How do I understand two-dimensional movement
- Are libertarians interested when I'm homeless
- Why do people uphold double standards
- What is the best online freelance job
- How do tectonic plates form volcanoes?
- Why are people nice and yet cruel
- How can I install apk on iPhone
- What are examples of demographic factors