Can I give celery to my dogs
Vegetables for dogs: which vegetables your dog can safely eat
Healthy vegetables should always be part of a balanced human diet! But what about vegetables for dogs? Finally there is some vegetables and plants that are toxic to the dog can be, which is why it is advisable to inform yourself in advance which vegetables are safe for dogs is. Basically, if you want to feed your four-legged friend fruit or vegetables in between, you usually choose a healthy snack. The included Fiber, vitamins and carbohydrates are also important for dogs. You can find out which types of fruit and vegetables are particularly popular and which are not advisable here.
There are many different opinions about what you can and cannot feed your four-legged friend. However, every dog also has its own likes and dislikes for or against individual types of fruit and vegetables. Nobody knows and observes the dog as closely as the owner himself, which is why everyone should individually determine which foods are most digestible for their own darling. The most important thing is that the dog tolerates the fed fruits and vegetables well and that there are no flatulence or other symptoms.
How should one feed fruits and vegetables for dogs?
Fruits and vegetables should always pureed and possibly lightly cooked because this is the only way dogs can absorb the vitamins and nutrients it contains. Basically, it can be said that raw food tends to promote digestion and cooked food tends to have a constipating effect. If your dog is healthy, it can only be fed raw porridge.
Feed your dog mostly pureed or lightly cooked fruits and vegetables.
Healthy dog food: what needs to be considered?
✅ The Main ingredient of the porridge should make vegetables.
✅ The vegetable and fruit puree should always have one Source of fat added (e.g. oil, yoghurt, egg, etc.) - this means that the animal can also use the fat-soluble vitamins E, D, K and A be included.
✅ You should if possible pollutant-free organic products use from the region.
✅ Ripe or even overripe fruits and vegetables is particularly recommended.
✅ Take care, always variety put in the bowl
What should you avoid in vegetables for dogs?
❌ Avoid letting your dog eat the core of any type of fruit or vegetable - this can be poisonous if swallowed.
❌ Don't feed your dog raw potatoes, broccoli or other hard vegetables.
9 types of vegetables that you can feed without hesitation
- Carrots: are very well tolerated by most dogs and can be fed raw, grated, boiled or steamed. They provide the dog with a large portion of beta-carotene, which has a positive effect on the health of the eyes, skin and hair.
- Potatoes: Boiled potatoes provide your four-legged friend with a lot of fiber, vitamins and minerals and are also very easy to digest.
- Celery: Celery is safe for dogs - it is low in calories and contains vitamins A, B and C as well as phosphorus. Some of the nutrients found in celery can even support heart health and fight cancer. As with carrots, celery can help freshen your dog's breath.
- Broccoli: must be steamed and pureed before consumption and should only be fed in small portions. If possible, always feed in conjunction with a calcium-containing product such as yoghurt or cottage cheese to ensure that the dog can also absorb all the important nutrients.
- Leaf salads
- Pumpkin: In addition to being high in fiber, pumpkin can be helpful in treating diarrhea and constipation in dogs. Feed your dog boiled and chopped or mashed pumpkin and make sure it is not seasoned.
- Cucumber: Cucumbers are the ideal snack to help dogs lose weight or keep them in shape. They contain little to no carbohydrates or fats and are full of vitamins C, K and B1 as well as potassium, magnesium, biotin and copper.
Discover now healthy vegetable treats recipes for your four-legged friend that have the above-mentioned vegetables in their recipe and keep your darling fit and healthy!
Types of fruit that are good for your dog
- All kinds of berries
What you shouldn't feed your dog under any circumstances
Your dog should under no circumstances any of the following fruits and vegetables to eat as they could be harmful:
- Raw onions and garlic: could destroy a dog's red blood cells
- avocado: can cause breathing problems, nausea and diarrhea in dogs
- aubergine: best avoided if your dog suffers from allergies or inflammation
- Raw potatoes: contain solanine, which is toxic to dogs
- Tomatoes: can damage the nervous system, kidneys, or digestive tract
- Grapes: sometimes cause kidney damage
- rhubarb: can damage the nervous system, kidneys or digestive tract
- persimmon: can cause diarrhea and fever.
You should now have a good overview of which vegetables are good for your dog. If the basic rules are followed, fruits and vegetables for dogs can be part of a healthy and balanced diet.
Besides vegetables for dogs, what else can you do for your best friend?
We know how important it is Keeping your four-legged friend safe, healthy and active at all times. That's why we created the Tractive GPS Tracker - an all-in-on device that offers GPS location and activity tracking at the same time. This small, lightweight device ensures that your dog is always safe. Simply attach it to your dog's collar or harness and voilà! You can already track the location and movement of your dog every day in real time over any distance - and you are always connected to your darling.
Discover Tractive GPS
Do you like this article? Then share it with friends so that their four-legged friends can also enjoy a healthy diet!
- What are some good 50 cent songs
- America needs a third
- Are women crazy about muscles?
- What day did the Prophet Muhammad die?
- Is Weebly web hosting better than Bluehost
- Why is Quora hiding the upvotes list
- Following your passion leads to success
- Eat snakes apple
- What do people see in communism
- Why should I never move to Israel?
- When should I use the Poisson distribution
- Why are pennies worth more than nickel?
- What does market segmentation mean in business
- Word2vec is basically an auto-encoder
- How immigrants help the US economy
- What was your lowest point in prison?
- What are the basic subjects of geology
- Most people go deaf
- What attracts Latino women to white men
- Is light influenced by gravity 2
- Where do most of the illegal drugs come from?
- How does import affect a country's economy?
- How does Wordpress's plug-in work
- What happens when you eat cancer cells