Could God be the 4th dimension?
Extra dimensions: ascent to the fourth dimension
Perhaps everything is very simple: Then the universe consists of three dimensions of space (and one dimension of time) - exactly as we actually perceive it. However, it is also conceivable that the world has more than three spatial dimensions. But what exactly could that mean?
The amendment Flatland from 1884 can serve as an explanation - as in this video. It explains in a clear and entertaining way how incomprehensible events in a two-dimensional, "flat" world can be explained very easily if you look at them from our three-dimensional world.
The essence of the story: some physical phenomena only appear puzzling because we limit ourselves to three spatial dimensions in trying to explain them. If we were to examine them from the perspective of a four- or even five-dimensional world, we could possibly complete our picture.
And so the video - which does not go beyond 4D - proves to be a helpful starting point for physicists who have to explain why even a theory formulated in nine dimensions (plus one dimension of time) can be useful. One of the candidates for a theory of everything that describes all the basic forces of nature in a common framework is the string theory, which in some of its variants (such as type 2 B) actually assumes nine spatial dimensions.
But where are the ominous six extra dimensions hidden? According to theory, they are to a certain extent attached to every space-time point in our world, as so-called compactified spaces, or more clearly: as tiny, tiny tangles of dimensions. They are much too small for us to measure, see or even step on. But it is extremely helpful to imagine their existence.
Because depending on the way in which these additional dimensions are tangled ("folded"), two characteristic values can be calculated using string theory: the so-called vacuum energy of the universe and the number of particle generations.
- How do I start a grocery store
- Who can touch solar energy
- What are the unexplained events worldwide
- Is Italian gold worth more
- Which country has the largest economy Why
- Can a country achieve an employment rate of 100?
- Why would my cat keep poking me on the head?
- Is luck or legacy more important 1
- Can socialism be democratic?
- Which project is ideal for big data
- NASA is hiring Filipino applicants
- Who is the worst Telugu actor
- Which is better sterling silver or silver
- How do I manage someone in discord
- Which jobs are in demand in Norway
- What are some top software ideas
- Why did you visit Cyprus
- Which one is dangerous cholesterol or triglycerides
- Bartenders judge their goenner
- How do I check children for obesity
- What is a Successful Entrepreneur
- Is Herbalife Nutrition good for weight gain
- What makes a person extremely happy
- What Indian food can we eat every day