Do countries need a minimum wage
Minimum wage: what does Europe earn?
9.50 € (as of January 2021) gross German employers currently have to pay their employees at least per hour. The statutory lower wage limit was introduced in 2015, among other things, to ensure that full-time employees have their Can also cover living expenses with their salary.
In a nutshell: minimum wage in Europe
Employees in 29 of a total of 47 countries in Europe currently receive the minimum wage. This table tells you in which countries there is a lower wage limit and where it is exactly.
The minimum wage in Luxembourg is the highest in a European comparison. Since January 1, 2020, it has been around 12.38 euros.
Moldova has the lowest minimum wage in all of Europe: just 0.83 euros.
Further information on the minimum wage in Europe:
Minimum wage in Austria
This guide explains whether there is a statutory minimum wage in Austria.
UK minimum wage
Read here how much the minimum wage is in England and whether it should increase.
In addition, the minimum wage is intended to ensure that fewer people are paid State support are instructed. In addition to some exceptions to the minimum wage, it applies to all workers equally. Incidentally, the lower wage limit in Germany has been raised: No longer 9.19 euros, but € 9.50 (as of January 2021) gross per hour must now be paid at least.
But what about that Rest of Europe? Where does the minimum wage apply? Where does it not apply? How do they differ? Minimum wages in Europe? In this guide we answer all of these questions and provide you with additional information interesting facts about the minimum wage in Europe.
Does the minimum wage apply across Europe?
In the year 2020 must workers in 29 out of 47 European countries be paid with the minimum wage. However, this does not mean that the applicable in Germany € 9.50 (as of January 2021) gross per hour can also be paid in all other European countries. What is law in Germany does not have to be directly for the Minimum wage across Europe be valid.
Just in Eastern Europe is the lower wage limit very low scheduled. In Lithuania, for example, it is included 3.72 euros. Poland is with 3.50 euros even worse off. Many there can only dream of a minimum wage increase. In this group educates Slovenia However, there is one exception: there is a minimum wage of 5.44 euros.
So they are very valid different regulations to the minimum wage in Europe. The following states are Completely excluded from the minimum wage in the EU:
Minimum wage in Europe in comparison
Who earns how much where? Where is the European minimum wage the highest? Where are the minimum wages the lowest?
The following list offers you one Overview of the legal lower limit in the respective countries from the highest to the lowest minimum wage in Europe:
|Country in Europe||Minimum wage in euros|
|Germany||9.50 (as of January 2021)|
|Great Britain||9.35 (depending on the respective exchange rate)|
|Czech Republic||3.40 (depending on the respective exchange rate)|
Status: January 2020 (Source: Institute for Economic and Social Sciences)
With 12.38 euros Luxembourg is the absolute front runner in terms of minimum wage. Reach Croatia, Latvia or Romania not even the five euro limit. The lowest minimum wage in Europe is in Moldova paid: Merely 0.83 euros gross must be shelled out at least per hour.(63 Ratings, average: 4,37 of 5)
More interesting guides
- How was your experience with SMERGERS
- How do I fix my homemade butter
- How are white beaches created
- What is your secret for spiritually stable people
- People really buy from Clickbank
- How was life in British India
- What are some good 50 cent songs
- What does 100 mW cost
- How did you become a better parent
- What is the importance of magnets
- What do the Iranians think of Pakistanis
- What kind of animal never gives up
- Why can't turtles swim?
- What are the ten best free apps
- God who what is God
- Atoms can absorb two photons at the same time
- Who is the richest social media influencer
- How do I buy a web domain
- How rich are ordinary people in Kazakhstan
- What are some examples of conspiracy theories
- What is the Chinese word for common
- How do small businesses use social media
- What does anarchy lead to 1
- Can the American bison be domesticated
- What are the advantages of LISP
- What are things that have been discovered with the microscope
- What is the correct spelling of weiter
- How many zeros are in ten thousand
- Grammar is important when writing
- Why is McDonalds popular
- What can DHT naturally reduce?
- What is reflective tape used for?
- Tim Ferriss is a scam
- What are the best tools for teaching science