Why didn't Voldemort kill Petunia
Why didn't Voldemort murder the Dursleys?
The Dursleys were safe by the same kind of magic that protected Harry. However, all were only safe within the confines of their home until Harry came of age (i.e. he turned 17). Harry or one of the Dursleys could have been attacked outside of their home. When Harry was approaching his 17th birthday, the Order of Phoenix moved the Dursleys to a safe place. That night, Harry and his guard were attacked as soon as they crossed the 'border' that protected the house, as they could not be attacked within that border. It was the house that had protection.
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince:
Chapter 3: Will and Not
..but Dumbledore silenced his finger, a silence that fell as if he had struck Uncle Vernon to silence. “The magic I created fifteen years ago means that Harry has strong protection while still being able to call this house 'home'. No matter how miserable he was here, how unwelcome, how badly treated he may be, you at least reluctantly allowed him into the house. This magic will stop working once Harry turns seventeen; In other words, right now he's becoming a man. All I ask is that you allow Harry to return to this house before his seventeenth birthday to make sure the protection continues until then. "
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows:
Chapter 3: The Dursleys Go
"You claim," said Uncle Vernon, and began to pace again, "that this Lord Thing -"
"- Voldemort," said Harry impatiently, "and we've been through this about a hundred times." This is not a claim, it is a fact, Dumbledore told you last year and Kingsley and Mr. Weasley - "...
... "- Kingsley and Mr. Weasley explained all of that too," Harry went on relentlessly. "As soon as I'm seventeen, the wards protecting me will break and expose you and me ..."
- How can I break someone's virginity
- What is the largest agricultural land
- Why are there 538 votes
- How should fat people deal with bullies
- Will the US ever gain more territory?
- Can I visit SpaceX offices in Hawthorne?
- What types of financial markets are there
- When do you miss your family the most?
- What math should a data scientist know
- Is it cool to be gay these days
- Is Quora an intellectual version of Reddit
- What is the salary of the ISB professor
- Wordpress Auto Post plugin
- What are some examples of unethical brands
- Why is Finland not in NATO
- How many churches are there in Delhi
- What is the oldest recipe in the world
- Are modern societies patriarchal
- Why does Apple trust more than Facebook
- How is your student life in China
- Can virtue be reduced
- What is a rabbit stick
- Why is Kobe Bryant big
- Why are everyone so happy