How does Brexit treat the British?
Brexit: what will change for consumers?
Current Brexit status
April 28, 2021
European Parliament approves the EU-UK trade agreement.
Additional Information:European Parliament press release.
December 30, 2020: Trade Pact
The British House of Commons as well as the British House of Lords have approved the Brexit trade pact.
The Queen signed the trade pact.
December 28, 2020: Trade Pact - the formalities
The EU ambassadors voted for the provisional application of the trade pact from January 1, 2021.
The provisional application of the trade pact is necessary as there is not enough time for ratification by the European Parliament this year.
Ratification is scheduled for January 2021.
December 24, 2020: Trade pact between UK and EU has been concluded.
Contents of the agreement
1. No customs duties under certain conditions
There will be no mutual customs duties on the import of goods if, for example, they meet the requirements for the origin of goods or the value limits.
In addition, there are no volume restrictions on imports. The formalities for import and export should be handled as simply as possible.
Danger: Depending on which goods are involved, customs duties are due and the processing of customs formalities is often billed to consumers.
The European Commission provides further information.
Questions regarding customs can be sent directly to the German customs authority be asked.
2. Fair competition
The UK is aligning itself with EU standards on fair competition.
Associated with this is a high level of protection in terms of the environment, social and labor rights, and state aid.
3. Fishing rights for EU fishermen in UK waters
There is a 5.5-year transition phase. In this, the fishing rights for EU fishermen will be reduced by 25 percent.
From June 2026, the catch quotas are to be negotiated with the United Kingdom every year.
4. Financial services
Negotiations are ongoing on this issue. However, the question should be clarified by March 2021.
The UK's goal: access to the EU market.
Permanent connection to air, road, rail and sea transport. This means, for example, the mutual use of airports and unrestricted forwarding traffic.
6. Energy and climate
The agreements on energy trading continue.
The UK and the EU want to work together on wind farms in the North Sea.
7. Social security systems
Ensure social rights (health insurance, pensions, social benefits) for people who move to the EU or the UK after January 1, 2021.
Cooperation in the fight against crime and terrorism.
9. Participation in EU programs
The United Kingdom continues to participate in the following EU programs: Horizon Europe research program, Euratom research and training program, Iter nuclear fusion reactor project, Copernicus earth observation system, SST satellite monitoring system.
10. Conflict resolution
A conflict resolution mechanism was agreed between the UK and the EU.
The so-called Joint Partnership Council monitors the implementation of the agreement and discusses contentious issues with the UK and the EU.
There are also enforcement and dispute resolution mechanisms.
In the event of breaches of the agreement, both the UK and the EU can take cross-sectoral "retaliatory measures", including measures that affect areas not affected by the dispute.
- How many Labor MPs are there
- Canberra is the worst city in Australia
- Why is the divorce rate so high
- How can we reduce poverty
- What happened to your worst bully
- How should I deal with anorexia
- Is the first Assassin's Creed worth playing
- Most Navy SEALs are highly intelligent people
- Does vegan leather differ from synthetic leather?
- What is the best free recording software
- What is Harry Potter based on
- What is the Hindu Citizenship Change Law
- Fire extinguishers can explode
- How Doctors Use ICD Coding
- Have you ever been betrayed
- Studying engineering is super difficult
- Why aren't Elvis postage stamps worth much
- Was Donald Trump ever in the military
- Does Donald Trump make sense
- Has neutrino an antiparticle
- Gravity tears apart space-time like a muscle
- What happens just 5 seconds before death
- How do the French perceive Canadian French
- What animals only eat meat
- Is Andorra a safe country
- A transfer from Ticketmaster can be falsified
- How do you describe the beautiful place
- How is Maldives
- Is Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg trustworthy
- What is the value of a cent from 1942
- Is it possible to lose weight overnight?
- Who pays the helpers of the congressmen
- Everything in life is a choice
- Which fruits rot the fastest