What challenges the economy
EURO challenges the Swiss economy
The current euro rate is putting a strain on the Swiss economy. Exporting SMEs in particular have been hit hard. How are you dealing with the currency challenge?
The strength of the Swiss franc is not a headache for all industries. In the export-oriented MEM industry, a third of the suppliers suffered losses. Incoming orders in 2015 recorded a loss of 14 percent compared to the previous year - which industry circles attribute primarily to the currency shock. Other industries have come under similar pressure.
A loss of jobs in practically all sectors - with the exception of the pharmaceutical and chemical industries - is becoming apparent. This goes hand in hand with a declining interest in Switzerland as a business location, less high investments and a gradual relocation of jobs abroad.
What should I do? And how can export-oriented companies and especially SMEs survive in this environment in the long term?
At the Europa Forum, a business panel explicitly deals with strategies and solutions in a difficult currency environment. The focus is on the following questions, among others: How can SMEs remain competitive with innovation? What can increased automation and intelligent production (Industry 4.0) contribute to this? Do job relocations need to be considered - and how can this be achieved? Are the banks being challenged to give more credit? What can politics achieve with clever framework conditions?
Under the leadership of the former NZZ editor-in-chief Markus Spillmann, the following will be discussed:
- Albert Angehrn, Credit Suisse
- Katharina Lehmann, Blumer-Lehmann (wood processing)
- Adrian Pfenniger, TRISA
- Franziska Tschudi Sauber, WICOR
Other top-class speakers at the Europa Forum Lucerne are:
- Johann Schneider-Ammann, Federal President
- Thomas Jordan, SNB Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Luc peace,former Minister of Finance Luxembourg
- Josef Ackermann, former CEO Deutsch Bank
- Economic symposium 1:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- public event 6:30 p.m. to 8:15 p.m. (free admission)
- VIP networking dinner from 8:30 p.m.
Members of the German-Swiss Chamber of Commerce received CHF 50.00 reduction on the symposium tariff with the Registration code: HKCHD-161
Information and registration: www.europaforum.ch
(Image source: © kasto80 / iStockphoto)
- What are some symbols related to depression
- What question do I expect from the interview
- What is the best treatment for cancer
- Does the room only have temperature
- Which Roman emperor was a Christian?
- How can I apply to Harvard University
- How is an effective minimum wage determined
- What defines a particular species
- Why do some people hate Filipinos
- Did Jesus and Mohamad really exist?
- Is it good to be nationalistic?
- What do non-Muslims dislike about Islam?
- What is the best Roomba for pet hair
- What animals are endemic to Puerto Rico
- What happened in Germany after refugees were admitted
- The Singaporeans look down on their neighbors
- Why does Arsenal have so many fans
- Which religion is most like the Methodist?
- What billionaires went to Harvard Business School
- How would you describe a person in need
- How do cashback and discount sites work
- How long do vaccines last after administration
- Hiring Google data analysts
- Which side has the best flight deals