Why can't I block someone on Facebook
Facebook: Block or unblock a person
Tired of one particular person on Facebook? Then you can block them. A blockage can be removed in the same way. Both work in a few steps - read here how it's done.
Important: The following instructions refer to the new Facebook design (since June 2020). If you are still using the classic view, some steps may differ slightly. This applies to both the smartphone app and the desktop view.
This is how you can block a person on Facebook
The decision has been made - you don't want to know anything about one of your Facebook contacts? Then do the following:
In the desktop version of Facebook
- Log in to Facebook and click on the black arrow in the gray circle at the top right.
- Go to Settings and Privacy Settings ”.
- Select "Block" in the sidebar on the left.
- Enter the email address or name of the user you want to block in the text field next to "Block people".
- Click on "Block". A list of contacts will appear - select the entry you want to block and confirm your decision.
In this menu you can block a person on Facebook. - Picture:Facebook
In the Facebook app
- Start the Facebook app and open the hamburger menu at the very bottom right (via the symbol with the three horizontal lines one below the other).
- Scroll down a bit and go to Settings and Privacy Settings ”.
- Scroll down again until you come to “Block” - tap it.
- Tap "Add to Blocked List".
- In the new window, enter the name or email address of the contact you want to block.
- A list of contacts with this name or a similar name is displayed. Pick the correct person.
- Confirm the blocking.
If you follow this path, you can block a contact in the Facebook app. - Picture:Own creation / Facebook
Alternatively - or if you cannot find the person you are looking for in the "Block" menu - you can block a contact via their profile page. This works in the same way in the app and on the laptop or PC: Go to the profile page and open the three-point menu below the title image. Click on "Block".
The consequences of blocking contacts on Facebook
If you have blocked a person on Facebook, you can no longer interact with each other. The blocked person can no longer see the posts on your profile, can no longer send you messages in Facebook Messenger and also no longer invite you to groups or tag you in posts. Of course, the blocked contact can no longer add you as a friend. Conversely, all of these points also apply to you.
Exceptions are your activities in apps, games and groups on Facebook. An example: You post a post in a group in which the blocked contact is a member - then this person can see your post even though you have blocked them. Because the above restrictions only apply to your private interaction on Facebook.
By the way: contacts that you have blocked will not be informed about it. The only way to find out is by trying to send you a message, for example - and discovering that it doesn't work.
Important: If you block someone from your friends list on Facebook, you will no longer be friends with that person afterwards.
Remove a block on Facebook
Have you changed your mind and want to get in touch with a blocked person again? This is also done with a few clicks or taps - this is how it works:
In the desktop version of Facebook
- On Facebook, click the black arrow in the gray circle in the top right corner.
- Go to Settings and Privacy Settings | Block ”.
- You will see a list of the contacts you have blocked in the "Block people" section.
- Find the contact you want and click on "Unblock" to the right of it.
- Confirm your decision again.
In the Facebook app
- Open the Facebook app and tap the three-line menu in the lower right corner.
- Follow the path "Settings and privacy | Settings | Block ”.
- Here you can see the people you have blocked on Facebook.
- Find the person you want to reconnect with and tap “Unblock” next to their name.
- Confirm your decision.
If you were friends with the person before the blocking, you now have to send a new friend request.
Block people on Facebook quick tips:
- You can block a person on Facebook by following the path “Settings and privacy | Settings | Block ”follows.
- If you have blocked a contact in this way, you can no longer interact privately with each other on Facebook - but you can in joint groups, games and apps.
- A contact will not receive a message if they are blocked.
- You can unblock Facebook the same way you set it up.
- If you were friends with the blocked person before, you now have to send a new friend request.
Have you used Facebook's blocking function before? Please write us a comment!
- What is TEF in nutrition
- How can I simply solve an algorithm
- What tariffs has Obama introduced?
- Can a good seller sell something?
- What are the most filled veterinary drugs
- Which technology companies pay for the MBA
- Why does the Bible support slavery
- What are the best comedy scenes of all time
- What started intellectual property rights
- Is quark good for puppies then
- What are some examples of health
- Why only play for rich people
- Can a seed grow in dry soil
- What is the symbolism of 17
- What are the best business models
- What happens in the SSB TGC entry
- What breeds are the best guide dogs for the blind
- Are online movies legal or illegal?
- Should I buy a 15 million yacht
- Has Donald Trump already released his taxes
- What's the worst word ever
- What is the Hindu Citizenship Change Law
- Can I be on a semi-keto diet?
- How did you build leadership skills