What are ASCII values for alphabets
Would you like to know what the ASCII code is? In the following, we will explain how the ASCII code works using a simple example.
- ASCII code table simply explained using an examplein the text
- in the text
- Second task ASCII charactersin the text
- Decryption of the binary codein the text
ASCII code table simply explained using an example
ASCII stands for American Standard Code for Information Interchange and is used to encode the characters in the English alphabet. With the ASCII code, all characters on your computer keyboard can be encoded with 7 bits, whereby the characters ä, ö, ü and ß are missing.
Here is a table showing the codes required for each character. A total of 128 characters can be encoded with 7 bits.
We distinguish between MSB for “most significant bit” and LSB, which stands for “least significant bit”. With the MSB you will find the right column of the character and with the LSB the right line.
The MSB’s are of higher value, which is why they are on the left in the code word and the LSB’s on the right. Since we write from left to right, we start with the more significant bits, i.e. the MSB’s.
We now want to encode the address of the learning video platform Studyflix in ASCII. To do this, we use the table from just now and look for the corresponding characters. The capital "S" is in the sixth column and therefore begins with 101. Since it is in the fourth line, it ends with 0011.
It continues with the next letter, the small 't'. We find it in the eighth column and fifth row. The code word starts with MSB‘s 111 and ends with LSB‘s 0100.
You will certainly find the next letters yourself. The third letter in the word Studyflix.de you are looking for is a u. Have you found it yet? It is just below the small "t" in the eighth column and in the sixth row. The code word is then 111 0101.
It is best if you write the letters of the word you are looking for one below the other and then look for the corresponding coding. The completed table looks like this:
Second task ASCII characters
You are now ready to code in ASCII. But now let's look at another task. We have the following code. An ASCII coded character consists of 7 bits, this is obviously not the case here either. Sure, that's also in the note, because this task is encoded in hexadecimal ASCII code. No problem, then we'll first recode the whole thing into binary code.
Our table now has three columns. The first column contains the hexadecimal code, the next column contains the associated binary code and the last column contains the ASCII character. First we fill in the first column with the characters of the task. We write 4 1, 6 1, 6 4, 6 4, 6 9, 6 5, 7 2 and so on in the column of the hexadecimal code.
Then we translate this into binary code using the hexadecimal-to-binary code table. The first character becomes the MSB, the second character is the LSB. In the first line, the four becomes 100 and the one becomes 0001. If the binary code begins with a "zero", this can and must be omitted from the MSBs, since the MSBs of the ASCII code consist of only 3 bits.
Decryption of the binary code
In the next step we decode the binary code using the ASCII table. We are looking for the MSB and LSB, just like when we coded the word “Studyflix.de” - just the other way around.
That's a lot of search and paperwork. The completed table now looks like this: We can now decipher the task. It reads: Add in the BCD code: 428 plus 739.
- What counts at the end of the day
- Why are most of the agricultural countries poor
- Should I live in Minneapolis MN
- Is epoxy floor better than tile
- Can I marry my aunt-daughter's daughter
- How much plastic do we really recycle?
- What is the difference between Singapore and Malaysia
- What do non-Muslims dislike about Islam?
- Ruined groupthinking quora
- What religion was before Islam
- How do you define a weak mind
- How can people commit suicide
- How is Xiamen University Malaysia
- What are the emerging areas in medicine
- What are the functions of vacuoles
- How can I appease a Scottish woman
- How do construction companies get customers
- What do you think of Charles Darwin
- Should I use Squarespace or Wordpress?
- Why are you not a conservative
- Why is Finland not in NATO
- What online training courses are available
- What is your dream car from 2017
- What is your exercise routine 2
- Can we legally cancel the 2nd amendment?
- What are things that have been discovered with the microscope
- How does GetResponse simplify email marketing
- What is the scope of physical chemistry
- What are two different types of currents
- Should I join an IIM?
- What health problems can be inappropriate
- Why don't the Singaporeans support the protests in Hong Kong