Is RSS Anti Common Man
RSS URL: http://www.msxfaq.de/newsletter/msxfaq.xml
What's this ?
RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication and is not even a new method of providing information on the Internet. A file is loaded from a web server using the HTTP protocol (the same one you use to view this website). Only this file does not contain "HTML" for viewing with a browser, but an XML file with the corresponding content. And it has it all, as the definition of RSS is optimally suited for the distribution of news.
With very little text, if possible without formatting, only the actual information is transmitted, which you can then display.
The web author can manually create the data himself or it is generated automatically from a database or a content management system. I generate the content in the RSS file using a VBA macro that extracts the first ten entries from the directory of changes. The aim is that you as a visitor do not necessarily have to have the website open to be informed about updates.
How can I use this ?
Quite simply: You need a program that gets this information file from time to time on the Internet and displays it accordingly. Such RSS readers are available for all operating systems at different prices. My favorites are:
All of these programs can also tap into multiple sources at the same time and present them to them. So you have your own "newspaper". Simply put together the content that interests you, e.g. the daily news, Heise News and information about viruses.
And then there are the other websites that are written in a diary. For example, you can create a weblog yourself at http://www.myblog.de/. Here, too, RSS makes sense if readers don't want to keep checking back with their browser, but rather the RSS program simply fetches the data and displays changes when changes occur. For example, you can click on the Exchange BLOG with http://blogs.msdn.com/exchange/Rss.aspx always stay up to date
Selected RSS feeds
RSS and Exchange
Of course, Microsoft Exchange itself has no support for RSS (yet). But just how easy it is to use RSS with Exchange is shown by some program examples from other people.
Of course, the question arises whether this use is appropriate, but it is conceivable, for example, to access the inbox via RSS in order to receive a preview of new messages, e.g. via Klip Folio.
- How bad are the prisons in Missouri
- What are funnels
- What is Minecraft TLauncher
- Stale bread can cause food poisoning
- Why did Hitler kill so many people
- What is the evidence against market efficiency
- Is the biblical creation true story?
- How bright are LED light bulbs
- Are libertarians interested when I'm homeless
- How can I kill myself
- What's the best about Malaysia
- Can we prove the Zenos paradox to be false?
- What is 10 01 10
- How is your PhD life going?
- Are all Agrawals Marwaris
- How do you define good behavior
- Why do celebrities get away with crimes
- Uses NASA Apple Computer 1
- Streaming video will change television forever
- What are some lies that auto mechanics tell
- Where did the Mir space station go?
- What is the summary of I Robot
- Dark matter is the opposite of gravity
- Men feel oppressed