Which country has the fewest cancer diagnoses?
Every year in Austria about 42,000 people develop cancer, men are more often affected than women. For both sexes, malignant tumor diseases are the second most common cause of death after cardiovascular diseases. In view of the fact that these diseases predominantly occur in old age, the increasing aging of the population means that the importance of cancer in describing the state of health and in the Health care planning will continue to increase in the future.
In the chapter Cancer at a Glance you will find general data on new cancer cases and cancer deaths. Cancer prevalence and survival data are available in the following chapters. Incidence and mortality data as well as data on survival after a cancer diagnosis can also be found in the navigation area on the left for selected individual locations or localization groups. There are graphics available about the development over time, time series tables and tables for regional distribution as well as for distribution according to tumor stages.
The seventh edition of the standard publication “Cancer Diseases in Austria 2020” is currently available (as of December 9, 2019). The data on which the time series is based is available in a format that can be processed electronically:
The legal basis of the Austrian cancer register is formed by the Cancer Statistics Act 1969 and the Cancer Statistics Ordinance 2019. The “Cancer Framework Program Austria” (1) refers, among other things, to the need for a new legal basis for cancer statistics in order to take account of current developments in quality requirements and data protection. In recent years, Statistics Austria and the Federal Ministry of Health have already carried out extensive preparatory work for this.
(1) BMG. Cancer Framework Program Austria. Federal Ministry of Health, 2014 (PDF, 2MB) or. in a short version with a tabular overview (PDF, 1MB) of the goals, measures and measures of the program
© STATISTICS AUSTRIA, last change on April 12th, 2021
- Does Darwinian evolution explain our existence?
- What is Minecraft TLauncher
- Narcissistic parents make narcissistic children
- China plays Trump in trade
- Which TV show doesn't have bad consequences
- How do you promote a thoughtful blog
- Who saw aliens or UFOs
- How does illegal immigration affect a country?
- Intel falls behind AMD
- What is a highlighting adjective
- What is an example of a virtue
- Why should we learn HTML in 2020
- What causes asthma in children
- Can money ever be an intellectual asset
- Why does Google index so many websites
- What are some unexplained UFO sightings
- How good is the UK public transport
- How is the USF analysis program
- Why is there hypercalemiaemia in diabetic ketoacidosis
- Which songs do you have to whistle
- Japan accepts immigrants at all
- What is the summary of I Robot
- What is the best under eye concealer