Assassinations Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone
Death in DallasThe murder at John F. kennedy
When John F. Kennedy got off the plane on November 22, 1963 and began the journey through Dallas in his open car, no one suspected that the world would be holding its breath a few minutes later.
When Lee Harvey Oswald carried out the assassination attempt on the 35th President of the United States of America, he created a riddle that has not yet been fully clarified: Did he act alone? Are American authorities involved in the attack? What role do the "Cubans in exile" play in the attack on the president? And why was Oswald himself shot shortly afterwards?
Politically, John F. Kennedy's tenure, which lasted only 1036 days, is rather insignificant. His image in the world is in stark contrast to this: Kennedy is considered a smart representative of a modern, aspiring and changing society.
"You have to bear in mind that Kennedy was actually not a particularly successful politician."
Our picture above shows mourners on November 25, 1963 on the - specially renamed - John-F.-Kennedy-Platz in front of the Schöneberg Town Hall in Berlin, where the American President gave his speech on June 26 of the same year with the now famous sentence "Ich am a Berliner "held.
JFK: External impact vs. actual importance
The reality of American domestic politics, however, is very different: Despite the support of the American civil rights movement, racial discrimination is not diminishing. In addition, Kennedy is considered a representative of unilateralism. He bypasses NATO partners during the Cuban Missile Crisis and is very skeptical of the Federal Republic.
You hear in One Hour History:
More about JFK at Deutschlandfunk Nova:
- Dallas 1963: JFK - A man nearby dies | John F. Kennedy, the 55th anniversary of his death on November 22, 2018, was the first "telepresident" in American history. Tanja Weber has analyzed his charismatic appearance in public.
- John F. Kennedy: From Myth to Martyr | In the early 1960s, John F. Kennedy embodied the hopes and dreams of an entire nation. The 35th President of the USA stands for a new beginning. But behind the JFK myth there is pure staging. A lecture by Olaf Stieglitz.
- Deadline June 26th: "I'm a Berliner" | John F. Kennedy said this sentence in front of the Schöneberg Town Hall on June 26, 1963 - proof that politicians do not always tell the truth.
- Politician families in the USA: blood is thicker than competence | The President-elect also takes his family members into account when filling various positions. That may be criticized. It is a tradition in the USA that politics are made by families.
- Was John F. Kennedy secretly gay
- How can vitamins be toxic?
- Which is the most religious Muslim country
- What are the health benefits of eggplant
- What is a word for life
- What are some signs of intelligence
- Can you inspire passion
- How long bake chicken 1
- How could I set up my app effectively
- Stress can cause constipation
- How does branding affect your company?
- Can there be a black hole with dark matter
- How does a romantic relationship begin
- How do I find a good copywriter
- What is the standard deviation symbol
- Why should we have a mathematician
- What is BSV Bitcoin
- Where did you find your dropship suppliers
- How do urban and rural communities differ?
- Computer programming is all about coding
- What is Premium Snapchat
- Why are empty firearms legal?
- Tony Stark was a bad boss
- Have you ever been to Kuala Thailand