Some diseases show common symptoms
Coronavirus infection: symptoms and course of the disease
Both COVID-19 and common colds and the flu are primarily contagious respiratory infections. However, they are caused by different viruses. Many different viruses, such as rhinoviruses, cause colds. Influenza viruses are responsible for the flu. COVID-19 is caused by the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus.
Signs of illness one cold ("Sniffles") are primarily impaired nasal breathing as well as cough and occasionally sore throat, it can also lead to a slight fever. As a rule, complications do not arise.
Typical for the flu (Influenza) is a sudden onset of illness with fever, cough and sore throat, accompanied by headache and body aches and usually a severe feeling of illness. Other symptoms of the flu can include general weakness, sweating, runny nose, and rarely nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. However, only a third of the people infected with influenza viruses show the typical febrile course of the disease. Another third have easier flu progress and a third do not develop any symptoms.
The most common complications are pneumonia. Middle ear infections can also develop in children. Inflammation of the brain or the heart muscle can rarely occur (see also pathogen profile and questions and answers about the flu).
Although the symptoms of COVID-19 can have some peculiarities, they are usually not easy to distinguish from those of other respiratory infections such as the common cold or flu. Therefore, COVID-19 cannot be determined based on symptoms alone. It is therefore important that you suspect an infection with the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus should be clarified by a doctor and, if necessary, tested.
- Is Ben Stokes better than Andrew Flintoff
- What's the point of jogging outside?
- Is gravity 4th dimension
- Why are all dimensions normally distributed
- How do you market a social product
- Is inbound marketing superior to outbound marketing
- What is the architecture of Wikipedia
- Why is Meredith disabled
- What is your existential nightmare
- Is it a sign of weakness to be emotional?
- How do we get supermarkets to buy more
- Can schizophrenia go away
- What supports the British pound
- The current food cycle increases cancer patients
- Isn't vegetarian food really harmful
- What's bad about PDF books
- Why can't men control masturbation?
- What is a window
- What is the best Counter Strike
- How does fisting feel?
- What caused WW2 1
- Where do we celebrate New Year's Eve
- How can I use Jupyter Notebook
- What is Donald Trump's greatest weakness
- Are stale foods healthy to eat
- Which is the most important health or happiness
- Has someone moved to Australia from Singapore?
- What should we never forget
- How many feet are there in seven meters?
- What are some examples of vine plants
- Girls will wind up a boy
- What are the best Hindi poetry pages
- How long is 1 million seconds