Has Arsenal stopped playing attractive football
Switch to PSG? | Wenger: Arsenal exit was "not my decision"
The shiny silver farewell present for Arsene Wenger is 65 centimeters high, weighs an impressive 15 kilos and can be picked up in Lyon. At the end of the 22-year tenure of the legendary coach of Arsenal FC, fans and players of the traditional English club have one big goal in common. Wenger, who has been the face of the club for two decades, should be appropriately farewell with the Europa League trophy.
Winning for Wenger - Mesut Özil and Co. are on a special mission ahead of the semi-final first leg against Atletico Madrid on Thursday (9:05 p.m. / Sky and Sport1). “We can give him another title - and that's something we have firmly committed to,” said midfielder Granit Xhaka at Sport1: “This is our opportunity to give him and the fans something more. So we want to give him this trophy before he finally leaves. "
Wenger himself spoke at a press conference on Wednesday. The topic was not so much the duel against Atlético, but rather his end at the end of the season - a year before the end of the current contract. The 68-year-old admitted: “The timing wasn't really my decision.” In other words, the club's management suggested the end to him.
In England speculation is making the rounds about Wenger's successor as well as his next station. Luis Enrique is also considered a possible new Arsenal coach, as is former Gunners star Patrick Vieira, currently with the New York Red Bulls. While Vieira said he felt “ready to coach any club in Europe”, Wenger said he had “a high opinion” of former Barca coach Enrique. Wenger also said: “I understand that people are discussing the new Arsenal manager. I don't have a favorite. ”When asked whether he would play a role in the search for his successor, he answered with a clear“ no ”.
Reactions to the Wenger farewell
The 68-year-old also said he has no plans to retire after his time with the Gunners ends. "To be honest, I don't know what I'm going to do," said the coach. “Maybe a little break? I'll keep working, that's for sure. "
Possible next stop: Paris St-Germain. French media speculate that Wenger could join the capital's club as a sports director. That would make him the superior of the designated future PSG coach Thomas Tuchel.
Wenger said of his plans for the future: “At the moment I'm not ready to get involved in anything else. I want to do my best for Arsenal until the last day. ”His farewell gift to the fans could also be 65 centimeters high and weigh an impressive 15 kilos.
- If x x 2 what is x
- What are unhealthy types of love
- What are the functions of the algorithm
- Christians should try to learn Hebrew
- How fair are minorities treated in London?
- Does dwarfism affect lifespan
- Amazon's affiliate program is worth it
- What bird are you talking about
- Does the expansion of space affect the time
- A neutrino is a compound particle
- Stress can cause constipation
- How does a bullet kill a person
- How do small businesses deal with software support
- Can Australia run on renewable energy?
- How can I have a sweet smile
- Protein powder necessarily increases strength
- Why is structural geology important
- Where did the Mir space station go?
- What Causes Childhood Obesity
- Can we change our perception of time?
- Trust Foreign Governments
- Why is true love never complete
- What if you fail at suicide
- Which muscles do girls like most?