Why are Americans so unhealthy
The green revolution is rolling in Huntington, West Virginia, instigated by Jamie Oliver. As part of a TV series, the British chef wants to encourage Americans to eat lettuce and vegetables instead of burgers. He chose the city of Huntington, of all places, which is considered the most unhealthy place in the United States. Sherri Shaw works there in the Hillbilly Hotdogs fast food restaurant, which is known for its huge portions.
Southgerman newspaper: Congratulations, Mrs. Shaw. After four years, you broke your home wrecker record. This hot dog, which weighs 1.5 kilos and is almost 40 centimeters long, took a guest from Atlanta just 3.45 minutes.
Sherri Shaw: Well, the home wrecker is very popular. There is also something on it: mountains of coleslaw, jalapenos, cheese, onions and, of course, the sausage that weighs a pound. Anyone who can do it in less than twelve minutes will get a t-shirt. Most fail.
SZ: Huntington is considered the most unhealthy city in America, half of the people are overweight. Couldn't that also have something to do with such eating habits?
Shaw: I think that's a prejudice. In any case, I don't see any of the super fat guys who are always mentioned. But there is this government study, according to which everything is supposed to be so bad here. It is true that many eat too unhealthily, but it is not the case that everyone eats a home wrecker or giant burger every day.
SZ: Now even Jamie Oliver has come to Huntington's disease to show residents how to cook healthily.
Shaw: Many here were initially skeptical, some still are. After all these weeks he left on Monday. An Englishman comes to us with a camera team and makes fun of the fat Americans. Of course, nobody rolls out the red carpet. But in the end it was very different.
SZ: In what way?
Shaw: He wants to get people to eat healthier, that's not a bad thing at first. He cooked for my children at school and completely changed the menu in the canteen, which I think is good. And he showed the students how they can make healthy snacks for themselves. My daughter is absolutely delighted with him, she now only wants to eat chicken, spinach and salad. She doesn't really like my job anymore.
- Why is our generation getting so fucked
- What makes a country develop
- The NRA targets black people
- How much do doctors earn in Europe
- What's near Guam
- What are the limits of Newtonian mechanics
- Is vegetarian food good for your health?
- How Can I Make Millions With Affiliate
- What do fast food workers do
- How do I get banned on Fortnite
- How do I create a dropship website
- Which is better ClickBank or PeerFly
- What did a Roman legionary look like?
- How important or necessary is religion
- What is dry recyclable waste
- What is a machine learning hypothesis
- What gives a dollar its value
- Answer requests are lies
- Was Aristotle against the Socrates philosophy
- Why is art a subjective term
- What employment opportunities are there for developmental psychologists?
- How do you live well in Singapore
- Promotes Quora Ads and Businesses
- Will conservatives ever become liberal