What is the penalty for hiring illegal immigrants
Tougher US penalties for illegal immigrants
"All those who want to enter this country illegally, be warned: This is a new era. This is the Trump era," said Attorney General Jeff Sessions, when speaking to border officials in the state of Arizona tougher penalties for entry announced the US without immigration papers.
From then on, illegal immigrants from Mexico would be arrested directly and brought before a judge - until now they had usually just been brought back across the border.
A second offense could result in charges, as well as for the use of forged papers. The same applies to people smugglers and those who have illegally entered the country.
Sessions also issued a letter calling on prosecutors across the country to prioritize immigration cases and impose tougher penalties. More judges are to be hired so that the cases can be processed more quickly.
Against drug and human trafficking
According to the sessions, the tightening of the measures is aimed primarily at drug cartels and human trafficking groups. "The gangs are flooding the US with drugs, causing death and violence," he said. They turned American cities into "war zones".
Sessions' remarks met with criticism. "Once again, Attorney General Sessions is frightening the public by associating immigrants with criminals. Studies show that immigrants commit relatively fewer crimes than nationals born here," said Gregory Chen of the American Association of Immigration Lawyers.
US President Donald Trump had already declared illegal immigration to be one of his main concerns during the election campaign. Above all, he had repeatedly announced that he would have a wall built along the border with Mexico. In his speech in Arizona, Sessions defended these plans. The wall is helping to ward off illegal immigration.
mrk / se (afp, dpa, ap)
- Why aren't all hospitals non-profit?
- Why shouldn't I visit Hawaii
- Is life better in Canada than in India
- How many hours do you work per day
- Can someone threaten a psychopath?
- How is it possible to be religious
- What do the Iranians think of Pakistanis
- Which state has the most restrictive gun laws?
- Is calling consoles a weird computer?
- What is the most colorful country
- Is it good to be nationalistic?
- How should one approach learning higher mathematics?
- Why should we normalize a distribution
- What does money mean to you
- Like girls thin or fat men
- When is it legal to kill someone?
- Buy Apple's AirPods Pro
- Is public harassment a criminal offense
- Which BBA specialization should I choose?
- Kurdish-Turkish marriages are common
- What are examples of credentials
- How much DNA do the first cousins share
- Weight lifting can make your muscles cramp
- Can Ketodiaet cure psoriasis