Can summon lightning to Thor without Mjolnir
- "Whoever holds this hammer ... if he is worthy of him, may he have the strength of Thor."
- -- OdinThor
- “But if you put the hammer in an elevator, it still drives! An elevator is not worthy. "
- - Discussion between Captain America, Thor and Tony StarkAvengers: Age of Ultron
Mjölnir (also Mjolnir, pronounced "Miolnir")was a magical hammer used as a weapon by Thor and before that by Hela. When Thor wants to use it against Hela, Hela destroys the hammer without much effort.
Mjolnir was forged in the core of a dying star and, due to Odin's curse, could only be used by someone who proved themselves worthy of him. Apparently this only applied to Thor, Odin, Hela, Captain America, and Vision. Even the Hulk's strength wasn't enough to lift Mjolnir.
Mjölnir itself did not give power - that Thor's power came from himself and Mjölnir only helped to control it, even Thor did not know from the beginning.
History [edit | Edit source]
Iron Man 2 Edit source]
The closing scene of Iron man 2 announces the film Thor and indicates S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Phil Coulson at the Thor's Hammer site. He says, "Sir, we found it." probably to Nick Fury on the phone.
Thor [edit | Edit source]
Thor was entrusted with the mighty hammer Mjolnir, forged in the heart of a dying star. When Thor was banished to Earth, Odin placed the worthiness enchantment on them and thus the hammer's use was restricted to the worthy ones, so that even the Hulk would not be able to lift it off the ground. The enchantment is represented by the appearance of a Celtic shamrock knot on the side of the hammer head. When Thor was initially exiled, he himself was unable to swing the hammer or access his powers until he had proven himself worthy of him. The hammer was made by S.H.I.E.L.D. found, classified as 0-8-4, and investigated. After Thor proved himself worthy, Mjolnir returned to him on his own and his powers were restored, although he needed the hammer to reach his full strength.
Marvel's The Avengers Edit source]
Although indestructible and endowed with unmatched power, the hammer has proven incapable of breaking through Captain America's shield due to its vibranium composition. Thor used the hammer during the Battle of New York and fought the Chitauri with the Avengers. They eventually won and Thor sent Loki back to Asgard.
Thor - The Dark Kingdom Edit source]
Thor also used Mjølnir in the course of the many battles in the Nine Worlds after the destruction of the Bifrost, mainly destroying a Kronan with a single hit, as well as fighting the Dark Elves when they attacked Asgard. Mjølnir was also used to throw lightning at Malekith and burn the right side of his face.
In handling the ether, Mjølnir's lightning bolt managed to break it into pieces. Mjølnir was also an important weapon in the fight against Malekith on Earth. The constant shifting of the battles between the worlds resulted in Thor and the hammer becoming separated, but at the head of the battle, when Malekith released the Aether to complete his plan, Thor was able to call Mjølnir back into his hand.
A little later in Asgard, Thor thought he was going to talk to his father (although it was actually Loki) and offered Mjølnir to give "Odin" back, but he refused.
Avengers: Age of Ultron Edit source]
Thor and the other Avengers later played a "game" in which the rest of the team tried to lift him off the table Thor had placed him on and failed, with only Steve Rogers being able to move him easily, even if he couldn't pick it up. The Worthiness Enchantment later helped the Avengers confirm they could trust the Vision to help them against Ultron when the Vision managed to lift the hammer where everyone else hadn't.
Thor: Day of Decision [edit | Edit source]
In search of his father after Loki banished him from Asgard, Thor confronted his sister Hela for the first time just so she could destroy Mjolnir in their confrontation. Later discoveries revealed that Hela had been the first wearer of Mjolnir in her role as Odin's executioner before Odin banished her for fear of her power, although Thor later learned that he was able to use Mjolnir's powers without his hammer channel.
Avengers: Endgame [edit | Edit source]
When Thor travels to Asgard back in 2013 with Rocket Raccoon, he borrows Mjölnir from this timeline. In the final battle against Thanos, Captain America can raise the hammer as he has proven himself worthy. To keep the timeline, Captain America brings him back to where he belongs at the end of the film and so the hammer follows its fate to be destroyed by Hela.
Thor: Love and Thunder [edit | Edit source]
Bearer of Mjolnir [edit | Edit source]
- Thor (second owner)
- Hela (first owner)
- Captain America
- Odin (?)
Properties [edit | Edit source]
In addition to its obvious use as a battle hammer, the weapon also had the following properties:
- Bundles the forces of the wearer
- The trajectory of the hammer can be controlled by the wearer
- at Thor: Summon storms and lightning
- Serves the wearer as an aircraft
Trivia [edit | Edit source]
- It is questionable whether Odin was actually worthy of lifting Mjolnir, since Odin only lifts him before and shortly after the spell.
- In the comics, Captain America is worthy of carrying and lifting Mjolnir's power. The film version of Captain America is initially unable to do this. However, he already manages to move him a bit in Avengers: Age of Ultron.
- In Avengers: Endgame, however, Captain America can wield the hammer.
- In the MCU, alongside Thor and Captain America, only Vision was worthy of wielding the hammer. Whether it is due to its purity, the circumstances of its creation, or the fact that it is an artificial being, is considered unknown.
- The hidden ceiling painting in Odin's palace in Thor: Decision Day shows that Hela used to use Mjölnir as a weapon.
- In Avengers: Endgame, Thor traveled back in time and brought Mjölnir back from Asgard. However, Captain America brought Mjolnir back to Asgard alone at the end of the film.
Pictures [edit | Edit source]
- What is the hardest formula in math
- Where did nature come from?
- Are people involved in Quora content review?
- Do you sleep with the door open
- How much do profitable websites sell
- Who invented the pasta?
- How can adults judge children's books exactly
- Which really shows someone's true character
- What is the annual sales of Etsys
- How intelligent are Shih Tzu dogs
- How healthy is Actimel
- What is good for a homemade abortion
- Less intelligent people are more sexually active
- What are the best restaurants in Taiwan
- HTML is easier to learn than CSS
- Why does the American dollar rule
- Will curb fast food growth
- How is information theory related to philosophy?
- Why did Adolf Hitler kill the Jews?
- How is meritocracy practiced in Singapore
- What is the real definition of Christmas
- How can we improve the SEO ecommerce website
- How would you describe a person in need
- Are you going to convert to Christianity