What is a patent
Patents: what is a patent and how does protection work?
The patent protects technical inventions, provided they are new and have not yet been made public.
A patent can be used to protect technical inventions, in particular products (clockworks, functional textiles, chemical substances, etc.) and processes (drying processes for food, cleaning processes, etc.).
The holder of a patent can prohibit third parties from using his invention commercially (for example, to manufacture and sell the protected products) for up to 20 years in the countries in which the invention is protected. In return, the invention must be disclosed in the patent.
Requirements for patent protection
The application of a patent is bound to the following requirements:
- Among other things, the invention must be new and it must not be obvious.
- In order to meet the criterion of novelty, the invention must not have been published anywhere before the application for a patent. So if you want to patent your invention, you should keep it secret until you register.
There are also alternatives to applying for a patent:
- If the invention cannot be traced back to the finished product, the manufacturing method can be kept secret.
- If you do not want to protect your invention but at the same time prevent third parties from patenting your invention, you can publish it on a publication platform, for example. It is therefore no longer new and therefore no longer patentable.
It is advisable to seek advice from a patent attorney (patent attorneys - Swiss Federal Institute for Intellectual Property) when choosing the protection strategy and the formulation of the patent.
- Are European girls attracted to Asian men?
- What did Charles Darwin do?
- What is the best Chinatown outside of China
- What are some rules of etiquette in Indonesia
- What is the difference between start and start?
- How is property insurance taken out
- What is the best commercial pressure washer
- What is sex with "Chinese characteristics"
- North Chinese are richer than South Chinese
- Is the deity of Christ biblical
- How can I invest 100
- How can I start a foreign trade?
- Is it worth coming to MIT
- What is Vitamin D Toxicity
- What is your preferred B2C sales strategy
- What are the best websites for CPA
- Why did Mark Zuckerberg become a vegetarian
- Which continent does Russia belong to?
- Who are the worst cricketers
- Why do teachers punish us 1
- Can cancer be cured by alkalinity
- Can you use WordPress for a responsive website
- What are some famous conspiracy theories
- Will release Apple AirPods 2
- Why do some European countries not accept refugees?
- What is Chongqing famous for?
- Where can I find deleted blog
- How can I advertise my blog here
- Can you take ADHD medication during pregnancy?
- Where can I find smarter friends
- How do I become an online seller
- What is the Chewy Affiliate Program