Isn't vegetarian food really harmful
This is what happens to your body if you don't eat meat for four weeks
For many people, the list of resolutions for the New Year includes abstinence from meat or reduced consumption. In the Veganuary in particular, many people forego meat. But what actually happens to the body if you don't eat meat for four weeks?
More and more people are choosing a vegetarian or vegan diet in favor of animal welfare and the environment. In addition, avoiding meat can have positive effects on health.
Health and meat consumption
A study by the National Cancer Institute in the USA shows a connection between the consumption of meat and the diseases cancer, diabetes, stroke, Alzheimer's and diseases of the heart, respiratory tract, kidneys and liver. In particular, the connection between meat consumption and cancer is repeatedly discussed in the media. For this reason, the World Cancer Research Foundation warns against consuming too much meat - especially red and processed meat. So why not do without meat completely?
This is what happens to your body when you don't eat meat
- You are less prone to infections: With a meat-free diet, in most cases more fruits and vegetables are used, which contain important vitamins and nutrients that strengthen the immune system. At the same time, eating meat can cause inflammation in the body because it contains arachidonic acid. This promotes inflammatory processes, which in turn weaken the immune system.
- Your smell changes: According to a study by Charles University in Prague, body odor changes with a meat-free diet. University scientists compared the olfactory value of men and women who did not eat meat with those who ate meat. They came to the conclusion that people who eat a meatless diet smell less overall and that their sweat odor is classified as more pleasant.
- You lose weight faster: Various studies show that a vegetarian or vegan diet can help you lose weight. This is largely due to the fact that a vegetarian or vegan diet lowers blood lipid levels as fewer saturated fatty acids are absorbed. In addition, people who follow a vegetarian or vegan diet are often more conscious about their diet and generally lead a healthier lifestyle.
- The risk of certain diseases decreases: If you refrain from eating meat, the risk of heart disease, cancer and other diseases decreases. People who do not eat meat have lower blood lipid levels and less often high blood pressure. A study by the Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) evaluated various studies on the subject of meat consumption and diseases. The result shows the effects of high meat consumption. If you eat 50 grams of processed meat per day, the risk of heart disease increases by 42 percent, and with diabetes it is 19 percent.
- They ensure a healthy intestinal flora: Studies have shown that not eating meat has a positive effect on the intestinal flora, as it creates more protective types of intestinal bacteria. Fruit, vegetables and probiotic foods in particular strengthen the intestinal flora and thus the intestinal health. Conversely, intestinal problems such as flatulence or constipation can be caused by consuming too much meat.
Is It Healthy Not To Eat Meat?
Since meat is a good source of protein and also provides the body with iron and vitamin B12, many nutritionists recommend consuming 200 to a maximum of 600 grams of meat per week. However, if you incorporate the right herbal products into your diet, you can meet the nutritional needs without meat. For example, legumes, whole grains, and nuts are good sources of protein. If, in exceptional cases, you do eat meat, then pay attention to organic quality.
Dr. Riedl explains: How unhealthy is meat consumption?
- Why does my dog eat snow
- Germany has good employment opportunities
- Can mold tea
- What do people with diabetes eat
- What were your impressions of a visit to Myanmar
- How do you legally prove defamation
- What is a niche affiliate website
- You can legally search for teachers from your phone
- Does Quora ever erase old questions
- Do you love to love
- Why is prostate cancer so common
- When were machine guns legal
- How much morning is 2163 meters
- Modi government ruined India
- Is it snowing in Sydney?
- Where does the sun go at night
- Are all Southeast Asians of Chinese descent
- How B2C differs from a B2B2C model
- Why does Snoop Dogg hates Eminem
- Why does Switzerland speak French
- At what temperature can gold melt
- Can Teens Learn Affiliate Marketing
- What is the trend for 2020
- Why are people crazy about Trump's tariffs