What is the hybridization of XEOF2
|Tab. 3.3.1. Xe fluorides and oxides (each with ions) as well as mixed Xe oxide fluorides|
Those of the Xe fluorides can generally be explained according to the VSEPR concept. After that is XeF2 linear (three free electron pairs), XeF4 built in a square planar manner. XeF6 is ionic in the solid state as [XeF5]+ + F- before (see Fig. 3.3.1), in the gas it has an octahedral shape as a molecule, i.e. the influence of the lone pair of electrons is missing here.
|Fig. 3.3.1. XeF crystal structures6 and [(CH3)4N+] [XeF5-]|
This is achieved from the elements by pressure fluorination, e.g. according to:
How important the noble gas fluorides are:
- the fluorinating effect, especially of XeF6:
XeF4 + 2 H.2 ---> 130OC ---> Xe + 4 HF
- the oxidizing effect, especially of XeF2 and XeF4:
2 cl- ---> Cl2 + 2 e-in which elementary Xe is formed: XeF2 + 2 e- ---> Xe + 2 F-
- salt formation, which can also be described as an acid-base reaction. I.e. the effect of the Xe fluoride:
- as F-Donor:
BF3 + XeF6 <---> [XeF5]+ + [BF4]----> AsF5 + XeF6 <---> [XeF5]+ + [AsF6]---->
- as F-Acceptor:
XeF6 + CsF ---> CsXeF7 ---> Cs2XeF8
- as F-Donor:
- as well as substitutions of the F ligands:
XeF6 + HSO3F ---> F5XeOSO2F + HF
They do not succeed directly from the elements, but
- in the case of XeO3 by hydrolysis of the fluorides:
3 XeIVF.4 + 6 H.2O ---> Xe0 + 12 HF + XeVIO3 XeF6 + 3 H.2O ---> XeO3 + 6 HF
- for XeO4 made of Ba perxenate (VIII) (Ba2[XeO6]) by dewatering with H2SO4:
XeO64- + 4 H.+ ---> H4XeO6 ---> XeO4 + 2 H.2OThe source for the Perxenate (VIII) is XeO3, which disproportionates with excess base: 2 HXeO4- ---> [XeVIIIO4]2- + Xe0 + O2
- XeO3 is a colorless, very explosive solid. They are molecular crystals, the molecule is isoelectronic and isostructural to IO3-. When exposed to bases and heating, xenate (VI) is formed:
XeVIO3 + Ba (OH)2 ---> XeVIO42-If there is an excess of base, disproportionation occurs with the formation of elemental Xe and perxenate (VIII): 2 HXeO4- ---> [XeVIIIO4]2- + Xe0 + O2Perxenates disintegrate when concentrated H is added2SO4 to XeO4.
- XeO4 is a colorless already at -40 OC explosive gas. The molecule is isoelectronic and isostructural to IO4- and like this has an ideal tetrahedral shape (point group -43m). The corresponding salts are the Perxenate XeO64-.
- Xe-O bond in O-Xe (OTeF5)4 (large groups EN!)
- Xe-N bond in F-Xe-N (SO2F)2
- Xe-C bond in +[Xe-C6F.5] (only up to -40 OC stable) and in the crystal structure of the salt with [BF4]--Anion.
- Xe can even act as a ligand in gold complexes.
- The VSEPR theory (Section 3.4.) Allows the structure of the molecules to be determined without details of the chemical bonds.
- In the VB description hybridization with the d orbitals is necessary to explain the stabilities, which, according to current knowledge, has little or no significance.
- The MO theory allows the most comprehensive description of bond and stability. In the case of the noble gas compounds, however, it is a matter of hypervalent compounds (exceeding the octet rule), which only occur after getting used to the MO description for the halogens and oxygen using the example of the chemical bond in SF6 to be discussed in the case of sulfur.
- Are you passionate about your job
- How to say culture in Chinese
- Should be a bed in front of a window
- How do Israelis feel about Donald Trump
- Does the Bible support the idea of Flat Earth?
- What would happen if Israel destroyed Iran?
- Why was Matilda unhappy
- What is the biblical meaning of 18
- Which foreign language is most in demand
- Why is Australia called a young continent
- Why do we answer our own questions
- Why is the Singapore birthrate so low
- The resistance depends on the temperature
- Considered concealer as makeup
- Is Trump personally a Thanksgiving President?
- Can we have sex in Singapore
- How does Clostridium perfringens cause food poisoning
- What does a romantic relationship entail
- Shall we help the poor?
- How useful is it to learn Chinese Mandarin?
- Are stale foods healthy to eat
- Can losing weight make me bigger
- Becomes a narcissistic divorce
- What constitutes a marriage according to the Bible
- What does the medical symbol symbolize
- What were the names of early Chinese warriors
- Mexico What is Bosque Village
- How do I contact BTS
- What are some good websites like Trustpilot
- What does the medical cross symbolize
- Who saw aliens or UFOs
- Have you seen a rhomboid like UFO
- How do tariffs work