Why are coins round
Contribution from chinamul »Mon 24.09.07 13:59
Here you can see that numismatic laypeople pose the most debatable problems. We should be grateful to Dietemann and especially to his wife for this, even if I fear that even our concentrated expertise on this will ultimately only be able to provide speculoos.
The Chinese device money disappears around 250 BC. From payment transactions and is replaced by the round coin, initially with a round, but soon with the square hole. This form survived two millennia into the 20th century. The fact that the usurper Wang Mang had spade money and a special shape of knife coin poured again shortly after the turn of the century is an episode with no lasting effect.
In fact, it almost looks as if the shape of the round coin has emerged as the most suitable form of money in an evolutionary process, just as the flow experiments in the wind tunnel today lead to increasingly similar car bodies. The designers then have a hard time giving the new models a look that is typical of the brand.
Unfortunately, I am not aware of any research into whether the shape of the European and Chinese coins influenced each other. Should they not have done so, however, that would be a strong argument in favor of the assumption that if two cultures as different as this have come to such similar results, there really is no shape more advantageous for everyday use than the flat round disc.
Nil tam difficile est, quin quaerendo investigari possit
- What are the disadvantages of developing countries
- What kind is this creature
- What are the dangers of homemade alcohol
- Where is Cornwall
- How many foreigners live in China
- What were hunting dogs bred for?
- What are some top software ideas
- Japanese people consume dog meat
- Have you kissed your friends mother
- Has anyone ever tried the Almased diet
- Which security certification is the best
- Why is Donald Trump so bad
- What is poison
- Is the energy of dark matter fixed
- What do dreams mean about the dead
- Do not pay contractors for overtime
- How do forums make money
- Why do you hide
- Is ADHD overdiagnosed
- Why do magnets only attract iron objects
- 1 joule how many ergs
- How newbie bloggers make money
- How was Augustus Caesar personally
- What are some interesting non-tech startups
- Why do you hide
- Where do cookies come from
- Is Singapore a bike-friendly city
- What makes musical scales sound good
- How do smart people make money
- What does Nongkrong mean in Indonesian slang
- Is Phnom Penh a dirty city
- Is AMDA a good school 1
- What does spacetime look like
- Is the spirit of Anne Boleyn real?