What should I feed a stray dog?
First steps in finding an abandoned dog:
1. Exercise caution:
An unknown, stray dog always means a certain danger. After all, you don't know what he's been through, how he reacts to strangers, and whether he might be sick or injured. Before you approach the dog, you should therefore first observe it inconspicuously. Never approach the animal head-on, but always slightly to the side. Stay calm and relaxed.
If you are very nervous or anxious yourself, it is better to keep your distance. Your own safety should be in the foreground despite all love for animals. In addition, your fear could spread to the dog and you never know how a nervous or anxious four-legged friend will react.
2. Secure the dog
If the animal looks friendly and open-minded, you may approach it carefully from the side. Since a free-running dog is a danger not only for itself but also for other road users, it should be secured if possible.
The easiest way to do this is to have a leash on hand. If not, you can try to lure the dog gently - with luck and dogged sense, it may follow you.
Another option is to ask a passerby for help. He can then help you back up so that you can carry out the next steps in peace.
3. Look for the owner
Next, you should look around to see if you can find the owner of the dog after all. Talk to passers-by whether they know the four-legged friend or whether they have seen someone looking for their dog.
You can also ring the doorbell in the surrounding houses and ask there. With a little luck, the residents will know the four-legged friend or can help you find them.
If you are in the forest where no one can be seen, you can also shout out loud and stand on a path with the dog in a clearly visible position.
4. Report to the animal shelter or the community
If, despite your best efforts, the owner cannot be located at first, you must contact the responsible community or the local animal shelter and report the dog that has walked in. You are required to take this step by law.
As a rule, the authorities require that the dog be handed over to the nearest animal shelter. Together with a veterinarian who checks the dog's registration in an animal database, the animal shelter tries to find the owner.
If the dog is wearing a collar with a tax stamp, you can also call the German pet register or the Tasso animal welfare association directly and report the dog there. In the best case, the owner can be determined directly via the number and informed about your find.
5. As an alternative to the vet
Another option is to take the dog straight to a veterinarian. This is particularly useful if the dog is visibly ill, injured or the nearest animal shelter is simply too far away.
Using a tattoo in the ear, on the inside of the thigh or an implanted chip that many pets have, the veterinarian can use a special reader to determine the number of the four-legged friend. In the best case, the dog is registered with this number in a pet register.
If such a notice is missing or the owner cannot be reached easily, the veterinarian will arrange for temporary accommodation in an animal shelter.
6. Call the police (if steps 4 and 5 are not possible)
If you have no way of taking the dog to a veterinarian or animal shelter, or if you have legitimate concerns about taking the unknown dog with you, notify the police. She will come by and take care of the next steps.
- Feel bad about using AdBlock
- What is an APK file
- What are probability applications
- What is a Julian Clarence Levi Professor
- What does lean mean in Indonesian slang
- How can I block someone in Gmail
- Does someone love President Trump
- 100 years ago people were more innovative
- Is Frankfurt safe
- A dwarf is a dwarf
- What is reflective tape used for?
- What are the basics of music composition
- What is antialiasing in computer graphics
- Western society dies
- Modi government ruined India
- Is the raven paradox really a paradox
- What is patriotism and nationalism
- Where can I find an affiliate manager
- Might defeat Sentry Thanos
- How long do teachers work
- Is it unhealthy to poop after eating?
- Will Quora be another Facebook or Reddit
- Why is alternative medicine considered bad
- What are good research problems in education
- Has Trump invested in Fox News
- Are you from singapore
- Why did KKR acquire WebMD
- How do pond turtles get their food
- What is a type of media
- What are some popular snacks from Singapore
- What are plugins in music production
- Cats understand that kneading hurts
- Is Dyson an expensive scam
- A pill bug is an insect