What is immunoglobulin
Antibodies are special proteins that can be found in the blood as well as in other body fluids. The main task of antibodies is to protect the body from everything that is foreign to the body - in other words, what does not belong directly to the body, such as
- Microorganisms (bacteria, fungi, parasites etc.),
- Tumor cells and foreign tissue,
- Bee pollen, animal poisons as well
- many other natural or artificial substances and substances.
Antibodies are made by specific white blood cells - a subgroup of lymphocytes (B lymphocytes) that
- Are called plasma cells.
Together with a number of special defense cells (scavenger cells, killer cells, etc.) as well as other complex defense systems (e.g. the complement system), the antibodies form this
There are various options for determining the antibodies in the blood or in other body fluids. On the one hand, all proteins in the blood (including the antibodies) can be detected with the help of the following laboratory test:
- Serum protein electrophoresis.
In serum protein electrophoresis, the proteins in the blood fluid are separated into the following fractions according to their physical properties (size and electrical charge of the protein).
- Albumin fraction
- α1 globulin fraction
- α2 globulin fraction
- ß-globulin fraction
- γ-globulin fraction
In this laboratory test, the antibodies are found in the γ-globulin fraction. For this reason there are also the following synonymous terms (synonyms) for antibodies:
- Gamma globulins (γ-globulins) as well
In addition to serum protein electrophoresis, there are also other laboratory medical examination methods for antibody diagnostics:
- Immune fixation - this procedure clearly detects and classifies an excessive increase in a certain type of antibody (so-called monoclonal M protein).
- Quantitative determination (i.e. measurement of the antibody concentration in grams per liter). The following antibodies are always measured and assessed together in the blood: IgG, IgA and IgM.
- What penny is worth millions
- What makes an edible oil unhealthy?
- Which EU countries are easy to immigrate to?
- Is Tesco a good supermarket
- What are some Hadoop Big Data projects
- Why is chinese food so great
- How Do Doctors Diagnose ADHD
- Has the duty of the jury ever ruined anyone's life
- Do dynamic meta tags influence search engine optimization?
- How good were you as a student
- Are animals disgusted with their own fires
- Can HubPages make real money
- How can cancer be controlled
- What are the worst laws in the United States
- How does vegetarianism affect your health
- Why is Australia increasing its military quickly
- Why is my Fiverr gig not rated
- Will health care in the US become optional
- Is thai food good for you
- Why is Air India so bad
- What's the salary for a Senior Software Architect
- How can cockroaches affect human health?
- How much salary CMAs get per month
- What is poison
- Why is 38 Special so weak
- Software quality assurance is a dead end
- How expensive should an ADHD test be?
- Are there legitimate products on ClickBank
- Do you wear shorts to school?
- Which ship has the largest bulbous arch?
- Where can I learn Mandarin online
- Why are human rights important
- How much does the euro cost in naira
- How do I learn WordPress easily