Why do nickel complexes form complexes with EDTA
Experiment: copper-glycine complex
In the case of the chelate complexes, individual ligands are connected to the central particle at two or more points. They too align in a symmetrical shape.
They are often complexes with bidentate ligands, such as ethylenediamine for short en:
For example, three lay down en-Molecules octahedral around a nickel (II) ion and form the tris (ethylenediamine) nickel (II) complex [Ni (en)3]2+:
Another example is dimethylglyoxime, for short H2dmg:
Two such ligands form a square-planar complex with a nickel (II) ion, each bound to the two nitrogen atoms, the bis (dimethylglyoximato) nickel (II) [Ni (hdmg)2]2+.
But there are also ligands with six binding sites, the complexes of which are particularly stable. Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid, in short, is particularly effective edta.
An edta molecule forms especially with divalent metal ions in the complex [Ca (edta)]2- an octahedral structure.
The calcium edta complex
The amino acids are also good chelating ligands. This applies, for example, to the simplest amino acid, glycine.
Two glycine molecules form a deep blue complex with a copper (II) ion (-> experiment).
2 Gly + Cu2+ [Cu (gly)2] + 2H+
This has the following structure.
Colored chelates play an important role in analysis, especially in complexometry. This is used to determine the concentrations of metal ions by titration. Examples: Eriochrome black T for water hardness determination and heavy metal determination with Murexide.
The formation of colored chelates is also the basis for fixing dye molecules on the fibers (stain dyeing).
Further texts on the subject of complex compounds
- What are you not going to do in 2020
- What is the cube root of 198
- Do Bangladeshi Muslims have Bangladeshi Hindu friends
- What is the use of economy
- Why does Apple not have an MVNO
- What famous rock musicians are real idiots
- Why shouldn't someone like Koreans
- What is your preferred data visualization technique
- How is Scottish different from Irish?
- How much did your first home cost
- Considered streaming as a career
- Is it a challenge to be a freelance web developer?
- Tsunamis can form lakes
- Can Fortnite be run on my PC?
- Convert voltage converters to the Hz cycle
- How has affiliate marketing helped Amazons grow
- Why is true love never complete
- Which foods contain monosodium glutamate
- Which country offers an international driver's license
- The Boston Blue Line goes underwater
- What is the best free recording software
- What are the best business models
- How are shows like Drugs Inc legal
- Join a male escort
- Where are you going in Vietnam
- Why is the earth oval
- How many types of engines are there
- Why do I cry when I poop?
- Would you like someone to help the homeless
- Mice are deaf
- Where is your passion
- How reliable is the handwriting analysis