Which countries have no import duty
Customs within the EU: which regulations apply?
From bussgeldkatalog.org, last updated on: May 14, 2021
Uniform rules for the European Union
At the March 25, 1957 six states joined European Economic Community together and thus created the Cornerstone for today European Union (EU). A confederation that meanwhile 28 countries and affects our lives in many ways.
So, for example, stick with us Travel within the EUVisa and saves complicated procedures when entering the country. In addition, we also benefit from inch of Special regulations in the EU.
But which one Customs regulations apply within the EU? Falling fees at? Writes the legislature for the Import of goods restrictions in front? And is there a risk of sanctions if customs regulations are violated within the EU? The following guide provides answers to these and other questions.
FAQ: Customs within the EU
No, as a rule, customs do not charge any import fees within the EU.
Yes, there are, for example, limit values for the private import of goods. Corresponding travel allowances are defined for alcohol, tobacco and coffee, among other things.
In principle, mail can also be checked by customs within the EU. Opening the package is permitted, among other things, to check whether the shipment contains prohibited goods.
Customs clearance within the EU: Are there any fees?
Who from his vacation in Spain, France or PolandKeepsakes, clothing, or electronics Bringing to Germany usually has to do it no fees numbers. Because through the Customs union is the import of goods for private use duty free possible within the EU.
Up to which one quantity it is about private purposes may vary depending on the product. To Orientationg were therefore Limit values set. A Allowance defines customs within the EU for the following goods, among others:
A Exceeding the travel allowances must be specified upon entry. If this is not done, the officers can do so as tax evasion evaluate. For this Offense can be a fine or Imprisonment of up to 5 years threaten. Do travelers refrain from Registration of cash over 10,000 euros, this can be a fine of up to 1.000.000 € entail.
At a commercial import of goods Incidentally, the is also omitted customs treatment, so that no customs papers are necessary. Since, however, between the member states no harmonization of VAT exists, instead of an import duty within the EU, the Acquisition tax at. This corresponds to German VAT amount.
Special regulations at customs: There are exceptions within Europe
Be in everyday life Europe and the EU not infrequently equal, but not all countries on the continent are also members of the confederation. In addition there is National territoriesthat belong to EU member states, but not under the Customs territory of the EU fall. For holidaymakers arriving from such a region, the requirements for Travel from third countries. That means that in such a case, in principle, too incurred within the EU customs can.
But which ones aim can customs be levied within the EU? The following shows some examples listing:
- Aruba (Netherlands)
- Curaçao (Netherlands)
- Faroe Islands (Denmark)
- Greenland (Denmark)
- Helgoland (Germany)
- Sint Maarten (Netherlands)
In addition, there are also areas for which the uniform regulations on customs in the EU apply, but at the same time not to the tax area for excise duties and value added taxes belong. When entering from these regions, the Requirements for third countries. For example, if the exemption limits are exceeded, the customs officers collect the Import sales tax at these destinations:
- Åland (Finland)
- Guadeloupe (France)
- Canary Islands (Spain)
- Martinique (France)
- Réunion (France)
- Saint-Martin (France)
The examples listed above show that customs may also within the EU fees can raise. Travelers should therefore inform themselves in advance about the applicable Regulations and travel allowances to inform.Were we able to help you? Then please rate us:
- Time is relatively proportional to gravity
- Should Quora prefer more precise answers
- What makes a statistician unique
- How can I promote my book online
- How many churches are there in Delhi
- Why should I be interested in black holes
- Which baby items are really worth buying?
- How should I deal with anorexia
- What is the future for influencer marketing
- Less educated people are happier
- Which side dish goes well with an omelette
- Why aren't some black holes turning?
- Who are the Rohingya Muslims
- How special are teachers in your life?
- What is the worst hotel in Istanbul
- AWeber is the only email app
- Is skateboarding childish
- How many Christians are real Christians
- What are the best healthy living habits
- What animals eat feces
- Who brought gun to India
- What is the Ubers server architecture
- Tea bags cause cancer
- Why does Texas have liberal gun laws
- What is the difference between heaven and space
- Is it healthy to be fat?
- Is IFMR good for HR
- What happened in Cambodia
- How do you stay sane
- If there was no money, there would be religion
- Ear plugs can damage your hearing
- What is Johari window psychological test
- What are the cons of Mi phones
- Should students do part-time jobs