Do Christians ever annoy atheists
Study on religious attitudes: Christians are more likely to reject Muslims than non-believers
Europe is Christian - and avoids the churches. Over 90 percent of Western Europeans say they are “baptized Christians”. But only 22 percent attend church services at least once a month. A study published on Tuesday by the Washington polling institute Pew Research paints a picture of a thoroughly secularized region of the world that nevertheless emphasizes its Christian roots. Germany perfectly depicts this contradiction.
The question of whether one identifies as a Christian, which goes beyond the fact of being baptized, is answered by around 70 percent in this country with yes. They are made up of 49 percent who do not practice their religion, while 22 percent attend church services at least once a month. Almost a quarter of Germans consider themselves non-religious.
According to the survey carried out in 15 Western European countries between April and August 2017, non-practicing Christians also dominate our neighbors. For example, 83 percent of the Portuguese, 80 percent each of the Irish, Austrians and Italians, 77 percent of the Finns, 73 percent of the British, 66 percent of the Spaniards and 64 percent of the French describe themselves as connected to Christianity. At the bottom of the scale are the Scandinavian countries Norway and Sweden (51 and 52 percent).
In almost all of these countries, the number of non-practicing Christians predominates. The only exception is Italy, where the group of churchgoers is as large as that of the so-called passive believers.
It is well known that the two large Christian churches in Germany are losing members and that the number of Protestants in particular has almost halved since 1950. However, if you follow the Pew study, this trend slows down significantly. Between 2002 and 2014, the proportion of Germans who belong to a Christian church fell only slightly - from 59 to 57 percent.
- How do I enlarge my partner website
- Are there pointless vaccines
- Dogs understand the concept of dance
- Where are the generous people
- Could there be fossils on Mars?
- How can I participate in a focus group
- Why are some Jews anti-Zionist
- When will this earth return to peace?
- What do grapes do to you
- Make Filipino women good women
- Foreigners can open a business in Singapore
- How do payment gateways work technically?
- Mexico City is a global city
- 2 mSv radiation can cause cancer
- Is Bernie Sanders an optimist
- How to say monster in Japanese
- How do I come back strong
- Why does Malaysia have so many sultans
- Can dogs eat wine leaves?
- How powerful is Saudi Arabia actually
- Is St. Louis safe
- Is it possible to have a heart transplant?
- Why do people lie to protect someone
- What is your most perverted sexual experience