What things have relationships taught you?
Questions to ask your friend
Are you looking for questions to have an interesting conversation with your friend? Here are over 300 questions to chat with and get to know him better in the process.Conversation starter👇
Do you get a lot of laconic answers from your friend? If that feels familiar, we're happy to help.
It can be difficult at times to get your partner to talk to you. And even harder to have a deep conversation. Having thought-provoking conversations can really deepen your relationship. But what to do if he doesn't really talk a lot?
Sure, there are guys out there who love to talk about themselves and then might babble for days. If he's that type of man, these questions will be even better for learning more about him, getting to know him better, and finding out what type of person he is.
Either way, we're sure you can have a great conversation with these questions. Here we go!
The best questions to ask your friend
1. What would be the perfect day?
So this question is very good because every guy will have an answer for it. This makes her a perfect conversation starter and you will learn a lot about what he likes to do.
If you do the things he likes and he does the things you like, you will find out that you will have a lot of fun together.
2. What did you learn a little late?
It's a cumbersome question to find out what he regrets. What would he have liked to learn earlier? It will give you an idea of where his path should lead him.
3. What thing are you too hard on yourself on?
This question tells you what standards he has set for himself. And if he has standards for himself, he probably has standards for others too.
Plus, if he's very strict on himself about a lot of things, he's probably pretty obsessed with success. If not, he's probably a pretty easy-going guy and doesn't really want to improve.
4. When do you feel really exhausted?
This question is a good indicator of how stressed he is. You can ask him what things are dragging him down and what is stressing him out the most.
5. If money didn't matter, where would you live?
With this question you can see very well how well you fit together. If the two of you prefer similar locations, that's definitely a good sign. But if he wants to live in the country in a cold place and you want to live in the city, where it's warm, that sounds inconvenient. It is probably not wrong to know if you plan to be together longer.
6. Who was the most toxic person you knew?
We all know people who make the world a worse place. With this question, you can see what kind of person your friend finds the worst at all.
Maybe you both hate the same things about one person, maybe you don't. Either way, you will learn what behavior he despises.
7. What were the last two books you read?
Is your friend reading? With this question you can find out. If you're a bookworm and he isn't (or vice versa) that could be a problem. But if you are both on the same wavelength about this, you need not worry.
And who knows, maybe this is how you find out about a cool book to read?
8. Which of your habits annoy other people?
Uh, strenuous habits. You will probably want to know about them. Because if the two of you ever move in together, habits like this can quickly go from sweet to frustrating. We all have one thing or another about us that annoys others, so be free and share your habits with one another.
9. What makes you nervous?
Getting nervous is normal. So why don't you guys find out when you're both feeling uncomfortable? He may not like speaking in front of a large group of people, but just ask him for more examples.
10. What makes you angrier than it should?
This is probably an extremely important question because you will want to know what is making him angry so that you can avoid this thing. And if you can't avoid it, then maybe you should look around for another partner. Of course, this also applies the other way around. If he keeps making you grumpy, you should also start rethinking the relationship. Too much anger is poison in a relationship.
11. Which movie was so sad that you never want to see it again?
This question is great for finding out about your emotional side. So you can see what really moves him. Or you will realize that he is unemotional - not even wrong to know.
If he can't get emotional about a movie, don't expect him to be great opening up on relationship issues in the future.
12. What are the two most important lessons previous relationships taught you?
Please avoid any jealousy here. Yes, he's likely had partners in the past and it makes sense to learn more about them because you can find out so much about him.
So you know what he expects from you compared to previous partners. But you can also find out what to expect from him and how he will act on bad days.
13. What obnoxious and unsanitary things do others do that bother you?
How clean and hygienic is your partner? As your relationship moves to the next level, it wouldn't be wrong to know sooner rather than later.
Basically, if he can name a long list of things, he's probably pretty neat. If he just shrugs his shoulders and mumbles "I don't know," he could be a piglet.
14. What habit do you have that you think not many people have?
We all have weird habits; so find out his. Just don't be too judgmental because you're sure to have plenty of it, too.
15. What do people overestimate and what do people underestimate about you?
This question is less about how people see your friend and more about how they see themselves. So you can experience how he believes the world sees him and how this view correlates with his view of himself.
If it sounds a little delusional, that's more of a bad sign. If he's humble, it's usually a good one.
16. What should you maybe do, but never will?
This weird question can provoke a lot of answers. It is perfect for a conversation starter because no one has asked him for it yet. Whatever his answer will be, it will likely be very interesting and enlightening.
17. What was the best thing about the way your parents raised you?
Aaah, family. Quite an intimate subject, but a lot can be learned about someone by learning about their childhood.
Just don't forget to let him talk and hold back with assumptions. And never, never get negative when it comes to his family. Most people get quite defensive if you talk badly about their family.
18. What do you look forward to most about getting old?
This question can be very funny to ask your friend because you will get either a funny answer or a clever answer about how he imagines life as a retiree.
19. What is the biggest sign of weakness in a person?
A very interesting question. His answer will tell you a lot about how he perceives the world around him.
Whatever his sign of weakness is, it will likely be his measure of how he judges people. The opposite of that is likely to be something he greatly admires.
20. What thing do you just hate, even though you've tried really hard?
If you also find out who pushed him to like this thing, you can see who he likes to please. This will also tell you how far he will go to please that person or group. It also tells you what he likes and what he dislikes.
21. What makes you different from most people?
A great question to ask your friend that will tell you a lot about how he is feeling and how much he thinks he fits in with society. If he mentions a lot, he may consider himself an outsider. Otherwise, he probably feels very comfortable in society. It's neither wrong, it's just interesting to know.
22. What was the best mistake you made? So a mistake the result of which was pretty good.
This question probably doesn't tell you much about your boyfriend, but it's funny. You may hear an amusing story. And who doesn't like good stories?
23. If you left everything behind to go on a road trip, where would you go?
This question is similar to the one about where you live. But instead of figuring out where your partner would like to settle, here's what kind of vacation they like.
If you both like the same stuff, that's always better. It is said that you can do more together and know more to talk about.
24. What were the manliest and most unmanly things you have ever done?
That's a fun question that can lead to great answers. You can also find out how seriously he takes the concept of manhood and what it means to him.
25. What do you think of pets and animals?
This is a good question, because if one of you hates animals and the other doesn't, it would probably be problematic if you moved in together. So it is good basic information that can lead to a good conversation.
Funny questions to ask your friend
- What silly little thing are you very proud of?
- Which product do you shock that no one has made a better version of it?
- What would change if it were socially accepted, if you talked about everything openly and honestly?
- What housework do you hate most?
- What thing should people really take a little more relaxed?
- In the fictional future, what era would you like to live in? (For example, in the 50s it was believed that in the future everything would be full of chrome and glitter, everything would be nice and round, etc.)
- Where was the craziest place you danced?
- If you had a remote control that could control any machine, which one would you like one for?
- If you ever got rich what crazy thing would you do then?
- What's a pretty lame joke that you bring up all the time?
- How often is your brain on autopilot?
- What was the most disgusting thing you ever drank?
- If animals were as smart as humans, which jobs would certain animals be more than qualified for?
- What is there that you would like not to know what it is made of or how it works?
- What great idea would you like to try out if you had enough money?
- What should be the next evolution in shoes?
- Where and when did you let go of your most inappropriate fart?
- How should toilet paper hang?
- If you could speak to everyone in your country at the same time, what phrase could you say that would instantly make most people hate you?
- If you were an action figure, what accessories would you wear and what would your slogan be?
- If you were forced into a dance competition, which song would you dance to?
- What inedible thing would you like to be able to eat?
- How often does it happen to you that you walk into a room and no longer know why you went in?
- What are some unusual ice cream toppings that you think would go very well?
- What would be the first thing you would do if you had the ability to fly?
- Which unnecessary products or services are indispensable for you?
- What was the hottest thing you've ever eaten?
- What would be the coolest thing scientists could discover while exploring the oceans?
- If you were offered immortality but there was a catch, what would that catch have to be for you to decline the offer?
- What would be the funniest, most exciting or best fight you can think of?
- What do you think aliens would really look like or be like?
- Which names are ruined for you because you associate something negative with them?
- What makes your brain glow when you think about it?
- What's the best conspiracy theory you can think of on the spot?
- If you could change your first name what would be the most epic name you could choose?
- What non-military cause are you a veteran of?
- If you could make a candle with any smell, how would that candle smell?
- Which website doesn’t exist, but should there be?
- What do you love least about your favorite activity?
- If you could change your gender for any length of time, would you do that? And if so, how long?
- Why do you think we are dreaming?
- You have unlimited desires, but every time you make a wish, what you love most would be erased from the world. How many wishes would you make and what would you wish for? (And no, you can Not wish not to delete something or the like.)
- What is your dream car
- Which abbreviation would you like to take?
- What is legal but feels illegal?
- Which fictional villain did you really hate?
- What's your favorite way of killing time?
- What would an amusement park filled with your greatest fears look like? Which rides would there be?
- How would you want to die if you were put in the same room forever with people who died the same way?
- If you could be the first person to achieve something, what should your accomplishment be?
- If you were stuck in a high-speed car chase, what song should be thundering off the radio?
- What is something that you do in an incredibly inefficient or nonsensical way just because you've always done it that way?
- How would the world change if there were healing potions?
- If wars were abolished, what would be the most interesting way countries could resolve their conflicts?
- If you had a secret hiding place like Batman or Superman what would it look like?
- What past event would you really like to see on tape?
- If jobs or careers had slogans, what would some of them be?
- What is the most stressful thing for you for less than € 20?
- What rarely works the way it should?
- Which ingredients do you put in the refrigerator and which in the pantry?
- If you had complete genetic control over plants, what would be the coolest looking tree you could make?
- What would be the strongest animal that you could only win against with hands and feet?
- If you could put whatever you want on a billboard in the center of your town or town, what would it be?
- What was the last thing you googled?
- What's the coolest flag still in use?
- How well do you think you would be in line if you got lost in the woods for two weeks?
- What is the correct amount of ice cream to put on an ice cream cone?
- Do fish have necks?
- If colors tasted like something, how would each one taste?
- What was the funniest or weirdest thing someone confessed to you while drunk?
- What would an amusement park look like that existed only to make you happy?
- If you could put a curse on an ordinary household item of your greatest enemy so that it would give off a blood-clotting scream at random intervals, which item would you choose? (The curse would skip to a new version if he swapped the item.)
- What was the strangest phone call or message you received because someone dialed the wrong number?
- If you started a sect what kind would it be?
- What band would be the coolest to see them live if their name literally describes the band? (E.g. Guns N ’Roses would really just be pistols and roses on stage.)
- Which hairstyles suit which personalities?
Personal questions to ask your friend
- How easily do you change your mind?
- What would your personal hell look like?
- Where do you feel most alive?
- What would you change about the way you look if you could?
- When did you try really hard - by that I mean, really rough your ass up - and it still wasn't enough?
- In which situations do you act least like yourself?
- What do you want out of your life?
- How well do you think you can read other people's emotions?
- What makes you interesting
- What creepy thing do you do a lot?
- What's the fastest way to get mad?
- How do you fight against procrastination? (the procrastination of things)
- What was the worst dream you ever had?
- What is it like to be you
- What was the hardest truth you ever learned?
- How often do you get into arguments with people from the Internet?
- Who or what is holding you back?
- What everyday task did you master perfectly?
- What are the characteristics of your body?
- What thing are you a snob about?
- What event made you grow up the most as a person?
- When did you feel more alone than ever before?
- What would you like to have on your tombstone?
- What do you value most
- How many of the bad things that happen to you are your own fault?
- What's on your before-I-die-list?
- What makes you happiest
- Which word describes you better than any other?
- What would it look like if you reached your full potential?
- How do you want your funeral to be
- How much do you like adventure?
- What strange thing do you find fascinating?
- How lucky are you
- How caring are you
- If your life were a book, what would the current chapter be called?
- How soft are you
- What are you absolutely obsessed with?
- When are you most you
- How curious are you
- What steps would you have to take to fulfill a dream that you have had for a long time?
- What are you getting too emotional about?
- What are some extremely common experiences that you never had?
- How neurotic do you think you are?
- What is it about you that scares you the most?
- What's your favorite song
- Which sounds fill you with horror?
- Whose presence do you feel uncomfortable with?
- What brutally honest truth about yourself can you share with me?
- What do you fear in the future?
Questions about your friend's past
- What was the most painful message you have ever received or sent?
- What was the most uncomfortable thing you had to tell someone?
- What were the turning points in your life?
- If your entire life was recorded but you were only allowed to watch an hour of it, which scenes would you watch again?
- When was the last time you were so right, right wrong about something?
- What was the strangest thing you've ever seen doing one of your jobs?
- What did you do when you were young that you still feel ashamed of when you think about it?
- What was the riskiest thing you ever did?
- Which bridges did you burn behind you?
- What is your very best memory?
- What have you done in the past that people keep reproaching you for?
- What unique games or activities did you play or do as a child?
- What past event has returned to haunt you?
- Which phone call you received or made do you remember best?
- What was your worst injury as a child?
- What's your worst vomiting story?
- Who did you consciously cut out of your life?
- What was your most memorable vacation?
- Which film title best describes your life so far?
- What did you wish you said or not said?
- What was the smartest thing you did as a kid?
- Where was the most interesting abandoned place you've ever visited?
- When did you leave caution behind and just do it?
- What did you steal?
- If you could change a single decision you made, what would it be?
- What places you have visited will you never be able to return to?
- When were you the coldest?
- When did something change you for the better, when for the worse?
- How much have you changed in five years?
- Who is the nicest person you have ever met?
- What things did you hide from your parents?
- What was the most embarrassing moment you had in your school days?
- What's the most American thing you've ever done? (It doesn't matter if you are American or not.)
- What story about you do you think most people tell?
- When were you most famous?
- What are some of your favorite books as a kid?
Questions about the people in your friend's life
- Who in your life is most positive about life?
- How often do you talk to your extended family?
- What is being kept from you, but have you already known?
- What was your closest friendship that fell apart?
- How well do your family members get along?
- Who is the hardest person you deal with on a regular basis?
- Who do you know who has very big opinions but very little idea?
- What happened to your best friend from grade school?
- What was the strangest thing anyone said to you?
- Which plausible-sounding rumor can you make up spontaneously about a celebrity or someone from your circle of friends?
- When did you think you knew someone, only to find out afterwards that that person is a completely different person?
- Who in your life is most likely to be a serial killer?
- What scandals have happened in your circle of friends?
- What stupid things did you convince friends to do?
- Who is the black sheep in your family?
- What are the three most important things your parents taught you?
Relationship questions to ask your boyfriend
- What is a day in the life of a couple who have an extremely healthy relationship?
- Who in your life has the healthiest relationship?
- How serious should it get before a couple see a marriage counselor?
- What do you think is the best and what is the worst about having you as his significant other?
- Where do you get your ideas of what a good relationship looks like from?
- What's the best marriage or relationship advice you've ever been given?
- How much work should a couple put in to have a strong relationship?
- Other than cheating, what would your significant other have to do to get you to end the relationship?
- What's your number one rule in a relationship?
- What is the role of a wife?
- What did you learn from relationships by observing your parents?
- Apart from appearances, what can a person do to make them more attractive to you on the spot?
- What's the best and the worst about a long-term relationship?
Questions about your friend's worldview
- What have you reluctantly tried that you are now a die-hard fan of?
- What did you boycott
- What would your child have to do in order for you to reject them?
- What's the worst emotion?
- What's the saddest story you know from history?
- Which lie would you rather have believed forever than learned the truth?
- Where would your perfect place to settle down be?
- What do people most often take for granted?
- Where are some places that have gotten better or worse with advances in technology?
- Which quote can you no longer hear?
- What have you tried that you think is not worth all the excitement of people who are completely crazy about this thing?
- What surprises you that a lot of people don't know how to do it?
- What was something that wasn't as bad as you thought and what was something that was much worse than you expected?
- What would be the worst text message to wake up to?
- Who comes closest to the perfect person?
- What do you need advice about?
- Is Ignorance a Blessing?
- When is it better to act first and then ask for forgiveness later?
- What's the best way to travel?
- What is small but makes a big difference?
- What was something that was once only for the rich but is now more associated with poverty?
- What was the biggest lie that teachers told you in school?
- What would be the most useful compulsory subject to introduce in schools?
- What should someone have shown or told you so that you wouldn't learn the hard way?
- What's the stupidest thing a lot of people believe?
- What do you argue about most often?
- What behavior leads you to believe that someone has a lot of class?
- What was the best thing that you saw someone do?
- What does the world need more of?
- What makes you feel old
- If you found out that you were being wanted for a murder you didn't commit, would you surrender?
- What's the silliest social question that people argue about?
- Who in your environment firmly believes in something, although it can easily be refuted? What does this person believe in and how is they trying to justify it?
- When you see money on the floor, where do you draw the line between picking it up and leaving it behind?
- What do you think became too socially acceptable?
- What are some of your tips for living an extraordinary life?
- What is the most worthwhile thing a person can spend time doing?
- Who would you like to be more like?
- What did you see on the net that is still following you?
- What is the most frustrating thing you come across every day?
- What's the most disturbing thing that you just accept?
- What makes a person seem ignorant or intelligent?
- What rash statements from your parents have stuck with you over the years?
- What would you like to stop doing?
- What can someone say that always makes you shiver?
- What little thing troubles you more than it should?
- What's the biggest waste of money?
- What bad experience should everyone have?
- What is considered normal and accepted, but really shouldn't?
- What is the most intriguing internet mystery you've come across?
- What's the most annoying question you get regularly?
- Which social issue deserves more attention?
- When was the last time you had the feeling that your perception of reality had changed tremendously?
- When in history was the best time to be alive?
- What do you think is the best period in a person's life?
- What's the best advice you've ever received?
- What advice do you think your future self would give your current one?
- What group of people is it impossible to take seriously?
- What do you think will stop happening at some point in your lifetime?
- Which branch of industry turns a blind eye to the fact that it is actually long since obsolete?
Conversation questions to ask your friend
- Who was the most villainous hero and who was the most heroic villain?
- Which film can you watch again at any time?
- Which TV show ran far too long or is still running that should have been stopped long ago?
- How do you find new shows or music?
- Which video game did you spend the most hours in?
- What song can't you bear to hear
- What was the worst movie ending you've seen?
- What are most movies or shows doing wrong?
- What can you add to any film to make it better?
- Which series intro do you always watch in full?
- Who would be the best fictional character to have as a best friend?
- What's the cheesiest movie that you still love?
- Which film changed the way you view the world?
- Which TV or movie cliché never happens in real life?
- Which movie did you see but still don't understand what it was about?
- What was the best documentary you've ever seen?
- What was the weirdest work you've seen or heard?
- What's your favorite GIF?
- If you had to do a podcast, what would it be about?
- What are the best and worst effects of social media becoming so popular?
- Which scene from a film traumatized you as a child?
- Which old movie plots would stop working these days because of modern technology?
- What's the most obscure entertainment that you really enjoy?
- Which secondary character in a fictional work was more interesting than the protagonist?
- Which music videos made a big impression on you?
- What is your favorite, but rather unknown, YouTube channel?
That's the end of this list of questions, but I've got a little bonus for you! Below are a few things to watch out for, a few red flags so to speak.
If you spot some of these warning signs on your friend, the alarm bells should ring. Don't ignore them. You have to seriously consider whether you want to continue the relationship then. I would even go so far as to advise you to end the relationship if you notice any of it. Better a little pain now than a lot later and an unclean separation or even divorce.
His failure is always someone / somebody else's fault.
Typically, this type of person does not see that they are the cause of all their problems and that they could have avoided all of these if they had done something about it. Because these people believe that they are never to blame, so they don't need to change anything or improve anything.
He's mean to animals or people for no reason - or because he thinks it's funny.
This warning sign means that something is really, seriously wrong with him. And sooner or later he will also become violent towards you, if he has not long been. I've never seen a person get less cruel over time, so don't expect your friend to do either. Get out of here while you can.
It often lies about unimportant matters and doesn't admit that he lied, even with evidence.
I'm not talking about ordinary lies here to avoid problems - that is quite common. I'm talking about strange lies for which there is no reason. For example, he tells about an uncle he doesn't even have, or he lies for no reason about how he got a certain T-shirt.
Seriously, just run. I've run into guys like this a lot. You have to remember that these little lies are only what you will hear about. There are even bigger ones lurking there. And you never know what lie or truth is with him.
Everyone else cannot see what you see. They don't realize what a great guy he is.
Yes, exactly ... You can no longer see the forest for the trees. We have all been to this place once. You're in love so you're ignoring his quirks. But if everyone around you can't stand your friend and / or warn you about them, maybe you should listen to them.
Sometimes being too close to someone can blind you to these warning signs. Take a conscious look at him from a distance, as if you were someone else looking at him and how he behaves. And don't come up with excuses if you can't stand any truth.
✍️ July 13, 2020
- Could Kamala Harris beat Donald Trump 1
- What are Buddhist Holidays
- Why do people put obituaries in newspapers
- How can you naturally prevent skin cancer?
- How should I catalog a coin collection
- Is It Safe To Eat Tomato Peel?
- Why is Hideo Kojima leaving Kojima Productions
- How religious are the Indonesians
- Do you like fat people
- Which foods contain monosodium glutamate
- Has Donald Trump already released his taxes
- What are the principles of brand management
- What is your fashion style
- Is the term Eskimo pejorative
- What did the original Roman people look like?
- How can I send SMS through Gmail
- Can overweight people be cops?
- Russian kings married Chinese kings
- Which country offers an international driver's license
- Is Quora a suitable reference for the university
- What if humans were amphibians?
- Can I use turpentine to clean walls?
- How to convert 240ml to 29g
- Can someone really predict the market accurately