Who would be the happiest person today?
"World Happiness Report": The happiest countries in the world
When the Finns talk about happiness in the sense of satisfaction, they speak of "onni" - and they seem to have a lot of that: Finland has been voted the happiest country on earth for the fourth time in a row. Germany made a clear leap forward and, after ranking 17th in the previous year, this time lands in 7th place. This has an impact on Austria, which has fallen one place and slipped from nine to ten.
This emerges from the 2021 World Happiness Report published last week, which this time focuses primarily on the effects of the corona crisis on people's well-being, including the people's trust in their fellow human beings and governments.
"Learning from Covid-19"
According to preliminary data, the Finns remain the happiest people on earth even in Corona times, followed by Icelanders and Danes as well as people from Switzerland, the Netherlands and Sweden. The top 10 are completed by Norway, New Zealand and Austria. The least fortunate of the 95 countries evaluated for 2020, on the other hand, are Zimbabwe, Tanzania and Jordan.
"We urgently need to learn from Covid-19," said Jeffrey Sachs, one of the report's co-authors and director of the Center for Sustainable Development at Columbia University in New York. "The pandemic is a reminder of our global environmental threats, the urgent need to cooperate, and the difficulties of working together in every country and around the world." The World Happiness Report is a reminder that one should strive for wellbeing rather than mere prosperity.
It comes as no surprise to the researchers that Finland is at the top of the lucky list, even in the face of the pandemic. Mutual trust, as it helped to protect lives and livelihoods during the Corona crisis, is always very high among the Finns, they explained. (APA, red, March 23, 2021)
These are the ten happiest countries in the world:
- New Zealand
- What is SRLTE in telecommunications
- Why does Malaysia have so many sultans
- How much plastic do we really recycle?
- Is suicide selfish or are we selfish
- How is the USF analysis program
- How do I connect to Quora
- Is it bad to put ice in a blender?
- Why are we always looking for distractions
- Will the world economy stabilize in 2020?
- What are New Zealanders' views of France
- The Singaporeans look down on the Malaysians
- What is inheritance in DBMS
- Are ADHD and infidelity linked
- Does it matter what we eat?
- What should I eat if I am deficient in protein?
- What book would a mermaid read?
- How do promoter-controlled companies work
- What do you care?
- What are bad and good students
- Who is the nicest celebrity you have ever met
- How can I overcome my hypochondriac symptoms
- Which is the best sales CRM software
- Could there be beings of dark matter
- What does success mean for life