Produces Brazil wines
Wine trip to Brazil
The world public has only recently taken notice of this, and Brazilians mainly enjoy their wines for themselves. Vines grow on more than 90,000 hectares.
This makes Brazil the third largest wine producer in South America after Argentina and Chile. Around 3.5 hectoliters of wine and juice are produced annually. Viticulture is practiced in five different areas.
These are often thousands of kilometers apart.
How did the grape get to the Amazon?
The answer is not a surprise. As is so often the case, the Europeans are responsible for this.
The Portuguese first tried to cultivate grapevines in the present state of Sao Paulo in 1532.
Less than 100 years later, the Jesuits brought Spanish wine to Rio Grande do Sul. However, there was no economic success for the time being. It was only possible to speak of this in 1840, when the Isabella hybrid grape made friends with the climate on the south coast of Rio Grande. The wines are unlikely to have really convinced in terms of taste.
At the end of the 19th century, Italian immigrants tried their hand at viticulture, but many experiments were necessary before one could speak of successful viticulture. This development began after the First World War. Technological improvements brought Brazilian viticulture a significant upswing in the mid-1980s and international recognition was inevitable.
The Brazilian wine rose to the podium with increasing frequency and has received more than 1,600 awards so far. In 2007, Brazilian wines won 14% of all medals at the Anuga food fair.
Since the soccer World Cup in 2014 and the Summer Olympics in 2016 at the latest, the wine country Brazil has moved into focus and the wine of Brazil has more or less quietly conquered the world market.
The history of Brazilian viticulture
- What is self esteem
- Isn't patriotically wrong
- You can't have intelligence, but you can be philosophical
- What foods can trigger a gallbladder attack?
- Is It Safe To Eat Brown Grapes?
- How do I get shredded quickly
- How is measure theory used in business
- Are Asians discriminated against in Russia?
- Are the signs of mental illness
- How do mental illnesses affect crime?
- How do you sell SaaS in China
- Is Instagram easy to hack
- Are my standards too high for school?
- How can cancer be controlled
- Does the quoras policy work for survey questions
- How effective is Malaysia's economic development policy
- What did the Indo-Europeans look like?
- What are some cool cmd tricks
- What makes some finite numbers so incomprehensible
- How do you say cent in euros
- High blood sugar can cause dizziness
- What is the best marketing company
- Are you going to convert to Christianity
- How can you promote our company