Allows Israel to own private weapons
50,000 pistols and rifles : Very few private firearms are registered in Berlin
In a Germany-wide comparison, Berlin has the lowest number of registered firearms owned by private owners. The authorities recorded 14 pistols and rifles per 1000 inhabitants at the end of 2019. This puts the capital in last place of all cities and districts. In the national average, the value was 65 ..
This was the result of extensive research by journalism students at Leipzig University and the podcast radio detector.fm. For a four-part series on firearms in Germany, they asked 541 weapons authorities because the National Weapons Register did not publish the numbers.
In total, more than 5.3 million firearms are registered in Germany. However, the official statistics are partly contradictory. Many registered weapons belong to hunters and members of rifle clubs. There are also other unregistered weapons. Estimates go here too in the millions.
At the end of 2018, exactly 50,290 private pistols and rifles were officially known in Berlin, which had around 3.6 million inhabitants at the time, according to the Senate. The number is comparatively low for several reasons: In almost all cities, significantly fewer people have guns than in the countryside, where more hunters and hobby shooters live. There are fewer weapons in East Germany because they were less allowed in the GDR. And in old West Berlin, too, private gun ownership was largely forbidden by the Allies.
1200 neo-Nazis in Germany have a gun license
According to the query, there are very few firearms in Thuringia in the Saale-Orla district (16 weapons / 1000 inhabitants) and in Günzburg in Bavaria (17/1000). This is followed by Schwerin, Rostock, Leipzig and Frankfurt am Main. Most of the registered weapons per capita (190/1000) are registered in the Lüchow-Dannenberg district in Lower Saxony. The district of Südwestpfalz in Rhineland-Palatinate (186/1000) and Neustadt a. d. Aisch - Bad Windsheim in Bavaria (178).
[More on the topic: Ex-brothel operator unpacks - why Berlin clan criminals so often use firearms (T +)]
To buy a gun, you need a gun ownership card, which is mainly issued to hunters and shooters. However, they are not yet allowed to carry the weapon in public. A gun license is required for this - and it is very rarely issued. Then there is the so-called small gun license. You can use it to carry alarm pistols and gas pistols in public.
It was only at the beginning of February that it became known that around 1200 neo-Nazis in Germany also have a gun license. The security authorities are particularly concerned that the Office for the Protection of the Constitution repeatedly observes right-wing extremists' shooting exercises, mostly abroad. (Tsp, dpa)
- Can I migrate from Italy to Australia?
- We all see the same colors
- Which fruits rot the fastest
- Can you fish in your sleep?
- How do I deal with manipulative parents
- Why do some people hate Filipinos
- How do I buy crypto currency with PayPal
- Women look better without makeup
- How do you avoid procrastination in learning
- Why should a person have a nickname
- How much conversion rate does PayPal charge
- What constitutes the mathematical IQ
- What was worth 20 shillings in 1850
- Is there an education crisis in Nigeria
- How to convert 240ml to 29g
- How did the Roman Empire change Dacia
- Can you accelerate infinitely in space
- What are HUCR systems in internal combustion engines
- Pakistan is owned by China
- How can vitamins be toxic?
- Your immune system can fight off herpes
- What is WIMP dark matter
- What is the best commercial pressure washer
- What is an ADX indicator
- What are the best email validation services
- Support fat shaming
- What predators can elephants kill?
- How many crusades have Christians won?
- Which countries have a declining population?
- Where do bartenders buy their alcohol
- What would happen if countries became continents?
- Are libertarians more conservative or more liberal
- What are five applications of normal distribution
- How did you make money with Quora