Why is NDTV banned in Gujarat
Over 100 Indians died
(AP) Poisoning from adulterated alcohol has cost the lives of more than 100 people in the west Indian state of Gujarat since the beginning of the week. "In total, at least 111 people have died," said a police spokesman on Friday in the city of Ahmedabad.
Doctors fought desperately for the lives of the more than 220 people who were poisoned in hospitals. "Our intensive care unit is full of these patients," said one doctor. Despite life-sustaining measures, people would die from the deadly alcohol mixture.
Last Sunday, hundreds of people in Ahmedabad had drunk adulterated alcohol in various restaurants. The first deaths were reported the next day. Security forces closed 1200 illicit distilleries and arrested almost 600 people. Gujarat is the only Indian state where alcohol is officially banned.
The current crisis is the most tragic in Gujarat in 20 years. In 1989, 132 people died of poisoning there within a few days. Gujarat is the home state of Mahatma Gandhi, who strictly opposed alcohol. In Ahmedabad, citizens complained that the police were doing common cause with black markers. "The police told me to hide the fact that my son died after consuming illegal alcohol and instead claim that he died of some illness," Saindhaji Jakhore told NDTV news channel.
The government has opened an investigation into the incident. The congressional party opposed in Gujarat accused the ruling Hindu nationalist BJP of having one of the suppliers of the illicit alcohol belonged to the BJP.
- How do you buy a house
- What makes wealthy people unhappy
- What can make you unhappy in life
- What is the smartest amphibian
- What is the richest neighborhood in america
- What is the origin of the bay window
- What are the limits of Newtonian mechanics
- Why should I study finance
- Permanent US citizens can travel to Australia
- Why does autoimmunity occur
- What are 3 causes of drug trafficking
- Sex offenders can lead normal lives
- Swims well for sprinters
- Are the eggs in the supermarket artificial?
- Why is cricket popular 1
- How do you test aluminum
- What do Italians look like in general?
- What are the difficulties with API integration
- How do people get cruel
- Why are most of the people homeless
- Benjamin Franklin's Most Difficult Virtue
- Why are not all streets straight?
- Which is better Bluehost or Wix
- How effective and efficient are wind turbines