What is the meaning of pun intended
What does "no pun intended" mean? Meaning and use
You stumbled upon the phrase "No Pun intended" and don't know what that means? We'll tell you what's behind it and how you use it.
This means no pun intended: pun not intended
The term "No Pun intended" comes from English and means something like "The pun was not intended". As a popular internet meme, the phrase is also often used ironically to draw attention to a flat joke. The English term "pun" means "word game" or "word joke", mostly they are very obvious and due to their simplicity they are not funny about the dimensions.
Colloquially one speaks more of "flat jokes" that will never reach the humorous peak. Sometimes you still puncture without trying, and the phrase "No Pun intended" comes into play. This can be used to break expectations or to point to an otherwise overlooked joke that, for example, dissolves tension in serious situations.
The phrase "No Pun intended" can of course also be reversed if the pun or the joke is kept flat on purpose. Here some examples:
So you use No Pun intended
In addition to the literal use of "No Pun intended" if you accidentally made a pun, you can also use the expression ironically. Sometimes you can't help yourself and have to play bad puns. The internet recognized this early on, many memes live from "bad punches" that still make you smile.
Examples of the use of "No Pun intended":
- Person A: "Had to go to the hospital because I pinched my fingers."
- Person B: "I keep my fingers crossed that everything is going well!"
- Person B: "No Pun intended."
- Person A: "Have a trainee cut my hair, do you think I have to worry?"
- Person B: "Oh, relax, what's going to go wrong? No pun intended!"
- Person A: "With the Tinder date straight away to Netflix & Kill or would you prefer to meet in public first?"
- Person B: "Lol, do you mean Netflix & Chill ???"
- Person A: "Oh, no pun intended, the autocorrection is back."
" Tip:The best VPN providers for more security and data protection
- Which song never gets old
- Why is mercury used in thermometers
- What is AB test and multivariate testing
- What is the tariff for solar energy
- Is crossdressing a mental disorder
- How do I learn Pashto
- Does Quora have an ethical policy
- What is the maximum you have earned with affiliate
- Why should I study electrical engineering
- What are some good giveaway websites
- Can a 9mm bullet kill a lion?
- Why isn't my backlink index on Google
- Can riboflavin vitamin B2 cure tongue ulcers
- What was worth 20 shillings in 1850
- What about killing your demons
- Antipsychotics change the effects of marijuana
- How should vegetarians complete their protein intake
- Flint Michigan got a bad rap
- Why do I hate feelings
- What are some overused phrases in business
- What are colonial powers
- Who has the best windows for home
- What does IMO