What is direct sailing
HSC regatta training - a success story
28th Hamburg Summer Classics
As part of the Helga Cup, the idea of offering regular regatta training on the Alster and thus creating a unique offer in Hamburg: regatta training for adults. The target group are primarily sailors who have not made it through the classic youth career, but who started sailing late. In recent months, events such as the Helga Cup have created various teams that have had little or no regatta experience so far. Some of these teams have now joined the HSC. The unique offer that the HSC has created makes the club interesting for other sailors. So it is also a goal of the training to get other members excited about the HSC. The training is carried out by Silke Basedow, who leads the training on a voluntary basis. We are looking for more trainers so that we can offer more trainings (also for other boat classes)
The first training session with seven teams on J70 took place in August. The participants pay a contribution (the amount varies depending on whether they are HSC members or not), with which the training (e.g. the use of a motorboat) is financed. Any surplus will be used to cover the running costs of our Club J70 Jubilee.
A total of 6 training sessions with up to 8 boats took place. The J22 were also able to participate in a training session, but only three teams were at the start. Should there be at least four teams regularly in the coming season, there will also be further training sessions in the J22. Club boats can be borrowed from both the HSC and the NRV.
The training always begins with a brief preliminary discussion in which the exercises are explained and initial technical input is provided. On the water, the sailors receive direct feedback and videos are filmed and commented on, which are made available to the sailors after the training. After the sailing session there will be a longer debriefing.
The feedback from all participants was consistently positive. Therefore, regatta training will again be a permanent offer of the Hamburg sailing club in 2020.
In winter there will be a regatta training round table to which all interested sailors are invited. There will be theoretical content as well as the opportunity to form teams and find out about membership in the HSC. Interested parties are welcome to contact [email protected] and will be informed about dates accordingly.
The dates are also published on the HSC website under Events.
Videos from the first training
follow us on
- Is Python better than R.
- Should George Zimmerman sue the Trayvon Martins family
- What is housekeeping
- Songwriters make more money than singers
- What is an impossible question to answer
- How does the background screening work
- How do vegetarians explain the wearing of leather shoes
- What are the best Hindi poetry pages
- 14k gold is good
- Which is the most common rare disease
- What is hydrostatic and pure shear condition
- Inflammation of the gallbladder is dangerous
- Is Instagram or WhatsApp better for messages
- Will the military pay for college
- What are gravity equals magnets
- What is the electromagnetic nature of light
- How many amps are 3000 watts
- Would you marry an Egyptian and why
- Why should it be uncomfortable to visit Venus?
- How much DNA do the first cousins share
- How did you find your true passion
- Why is my son holding his penis
- What do people with diabetes eat
- Will MineCraft lag behind on the MacBook Air
- Is Quora an intellectual version of Reddit
- Why are roller coaster loops never circular
- Why do we need the second amendment
- What is your biggest lead generation challenge
- How many hours do you work per day
- Why is teaching not considered a profession
- Will the Turkish lira regain its value
- How much can I earn from Quora
- Why do people not like dull people
- ADHD is seen as a learning disability