Can Pinocchio be sarcastic
sarcasmBitter Ridicule makes creative
Seriously, sarcastic people are more creative, scientists have found out. And that is not meant ironically.
Sarcasm is defined as bitter ridicule. There are different forms of this in literature. Most of the time we use the terms in a mess like: irony, polemics, cynicism. Let's stay with sarcasm, which two US researchers and a French scientist examined.
According to their definition, sarcasm is not always bad, but can also be meant nicely. Mostly it works well with irony - unless you are Sheldon from the "Big Bang Theory". As an autistic person, he cannot understand sarcasm, recognize irony and the like. That makes the dialogues with his friends for us, if we have a sense for sarcastic or ironic things, all the funnier.
The researchers first demanded various sarcastic utterances from their test subjects. They should share situations in which they have been sarcastic or the victim of sarcastic comments. Or they were shown cartoons in which the speech bubbles were still empty and were supposed to be filled with sarcastic remarks.
At the end of the test series, the test subjects were then asked to solve a task: Attach a candle to a wall. Materials: a candle, a pack of matches, a box of thumbtacks. Anyone who could solve the task was considered creative. And the sarcastic subjects in particular succeeded in doing this. Ergo: Sarcasm makes people more creative. Reason: Sarcasm promotes abstract thinking because what is actually meant is not necessarily said. Our brain has to reinterpret the statements accordingly.
More about sarcasm:
- Why isn't BTS shirtless like EXO
- How often do you eat fruit
- Are bank employees employees of the central government
- All Harvard graduates become successful
- Did God create the big bang
- What does Saikou mean in Japanese
- Can foods high in cholesterol increase LDL levels?
- You can eat ramen noodles raw
- Where can I buy loose clothing
- Should I drop my products at retailers
- Why are my friends' texts getting shorter
- Why don't vacuum cleaners just work
- Why are there no OLED computer monitors
- What is a low voltage regulator
- Will peer be allowed in Islam
- What do you think about sex
- How do you say totally in Italian
- Ambidextrous people have higher IQ scores
- Why doesn't Canada pay a penny anymore
- Can Top Writers Make Money With Quora?
- Germany has good employment opportunities
- How do I punish a sexual masochist
- How much do black diamonds cost
- How safe are online casino games
- Which industry needs digital marketing now?
- What happened to the American working class
- Is the keto diet effective
- How do you become a graphic designer
- Why is airport food so expensive
- What is the formula for the standard deviation
- What is a 300 blackout ammunition
- Are Vietnamese considered to be East or Southeast Asians
- How did Aristotle fundamentally change philosophy?
- How awful was your first job