What are the characteristics of pop music
By pop music we mean music that is popular with a large number of people. Unlike rock music or classical music, it is not a clearly identifiable style of music. That's because the kind of music a lot of people like has changed over time. The name "Pop" comes from the English word "popular", which means something like "known" or "popular", the German word "popular" has the same meaning.
Pop music emerged from rock 'n' roll, beat and folk from the 1950s onwards. Folk means slightly lighter music influenced by folk music. Since the success of the band ABBA in the 1970s, there has been a lot of electronic music to its original roots, which has had a massive influence on today's pop music.
Well-known pop musicians include ABBA, Michael Jackson, Tina Turner, Madonna, Robbie Williams, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion and Britney Spears.
What is modern pop music?
Pop music often has very simple lyrics that are about love or something similar. Singing is the most important thing in pop music. The music is usually written very simply so that it fits the singing. In contrast to rock music, there are no demanding solos for guitars, piano or drums. Many people say that this is why most pop songs sound the same.
One of the hallmarks of modern pop music is how it was created. Most pop singers don't do anything other than sing on stage. The songs were composed beforehand by professional songwriters. If there are any musical instruments on stage, then they are mostly played by musicians who receive money for them. The music is widely disseminated through the media, especially the Internet. This structure is called the pop industry.
Pop musicians who write and produce their own music and are not dependent on the pop industry are called “singer-songwriters” or “indie pop musicians”. "Indie" comes from the English word "independent", which means "independent".
Where does pop music come from?
Bands from Great Britain in the 1960s such as the Beatles are considered to be the first pop musicians. Back then, you made music with guitars that a lot of people liked. The Beatles were able to sell about a billion records in eight years. This British music was called "British Invasion" in the USA. Many of the British Invasion movement such as the Rolling Stones, the Kinks or finally the Beatles soon turned to harder rock music.
It was only after the British invasion got tougher that American bands like "The Monkees" or "The Byrds" became successful in pop music. In the 1970s, ABBA made disco pop popular, which clearly stands out from rock music. This continued into the 1980s: this decade is known for its electro-heavy pop music, which also influenced rock bands like the Rolling Stones and Queen.
Since the 1970s there have been more and more individual singers who are accompanied by different musicians but perform under their own names. Examples are Madonna, Tina Turner or Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson was called "King of Pop", so "King of Pop". His music is actually a mix of blues, soul, rock and other genres, but it was so popular that it was called pop music. With these solo pop musicians, the singing is clearly above the music.
So-called "boy bands" have also existed since the 1990s. These bands consist of several young men who sing and dance with several voices. The famous pop singer Robbie Williams emerged from the boy band "Take That".
Our pop music today emerged from the 1980s pop music. Most pop singers are now solo singers. Musical influences come for the most part from electronic music, the origins of rock and folk are often no longer audible.
There are also other search results for “Pop Music” from Blinde Kuh and Ask Finn.
- What are some good websites like Trustpilot
- Will health care in the US become optional
- How should I plan a move
- What does good behavior mean
- Is it possible to create anti-gravity
- How many millimeters in an inch
- Where do people traditionally eat apricot kernels?
- What is the most terrible thing
- Where do I buy crypto currency
- What is the function of BCL 2
- How long can people go without a relationship
- What kind of business can I start
- What are healthy relationship habits
- How do I deactivate plugins in WordPress
- What is copy editing or proofreading
- What is DNA test
- What makes your relationship successful
- Is Joomla still popular
- What is MS Dhonis Diaet
- Which is the smallest country in Asia
- What does the emoticon QQ
- How do we measure success and failure
- How long has Roman Catholicism been around?
- Can you be downgraded on a flight
- What's your favorite historical photo
- What is Amazon Web Services AWS
- What is your greatest uncertainty 1
- Why were the old Romans mostly clean-shaven?
- What is life anyway 1
- Are old giants real?
- Can you eat scrub
- What are 10 FAQs about Copenhagen
- How should I promote my articles