What is a newsletter
The newsletter is the English name for a circular in electronic form and an element of e-mail marketing. The content of the newsletter can vary from advertising to information about news, dates or promotions. The senders are companies, associations or organizations that use the newsletter to keep their customers up to date. Customers receive the newsletter by subscribing to it beforehand and thus consenting to receiving future electronic letters. Most of the time, you have to confirm the subscription again with an e-mail so that it is valid. In the field of online marketing - and especially in email marketing - this consent procedure is referred to as a double opt-in, which is mandatory in Germany. After registering, customers are added to a distribution list to which the newsletters are sent regularly. When it comes to newsletters, a distinction is made between free newsletters, which are mostly used by companies, and paid newsletters that come from publishers.
Advantages and disadvantages of the newsletter
From the company's point of view, the newsletter offers quick and inexpensive distribution that can reach a large number of recipients. In general, you save the costs that would arise, for example, with a letter (envelopes, shipping, etc.), you have less work and a large range. In addition, newsletters can be distributed via various channels.
However, the newsletter can be perceived as negative, especially if there is too much advertising and little information content. If the customers are no longer satisfied and agree to receiving the e-mails, they often end up in the spam folder. However, the recipients also have the option of unsubscribing from the newsletter distribution list. In most cases there is a link to this in the newsletter.
When using a real estate website, an advertisement appears asking whether you would like to subscribe to the newsletter and receive weekly information about new real estate offers and news. If you agree, you will be added to the distribution list and will often receive weekly emails from the company in the future.
- Can you exchange crypto with PayPal
- Singapore gives free medicine Is that true
- What are some great internet startup ideas
- Can people survive a zombie apocalypse?
- Why is the Philippine passport less powerful
- How do I manually deactivate WordPress plugins
- Can Teens Learn Affiliate Marketing
- Is your website useful for SEO?
- Is it cool to be gay these days
- Why is there less gravity in space?
- Like lesbian boys
- You should be eating fast food
- Why am I always hurt
- What is a machine learning hypothesis
- Simple chocolate is dark chocolate
- Why did you start your own business?
- How did time begin as a concept
- There are too many road signs these days
- Install user ecommerce apps
- Is the Gaokao inherently unfair
- Is Bing better than Google 1
- Which countries allow concealed carrying
- Do you want to increase website traffic for e-commerce?
- How can I advertise my affiliate program
- Is altruism compatible with game theory
- Why did you move to Malaysia
- Where can I get corporate training
- What school did Alexandria Ocasio Cortez attend
- How can I get free business email
- Why doesn't the light bend?
- Is the game The Division available for the PC?
- Why do people suddenly stop texting
- How can you edit a WordPress comment
- How do I make serious money online