What are some good examples of loyalty
Loyalty: 12 tips for more loyalty in private and professional relationships
Loyalty means reliability, trustworthiness and loyalty. And that is important in both a private and a professional environment. We explain to you how you can find more loyalty in life.
What is loyalty?
Loyalty means to stand by another person, group or company, even if you disagree on the individual. Trustworthy behavior is also part of it. Loyalty is about shared values and goals, about a larger whole that you support yourself. This behavior plays a role in very different contexts:
- Loyalty among friends means, for example, standing up for the other, supporting him / her and keeping secrets. It is the prerequisite for real friendships.
- Loyalty in the partnership also usually includes physical loyalty. In addition, it is of course particularly about working on common values and goals.
- Mutual trust in the loyalty of the other is the basis for a good relationship.
- Loyalty to the state means adhering to laws and rules.
- Loyalty to a company means supporting it and sharing its values, even beyond the required minimum.
Loyalty is the basic building block for functioning social relationships and is also good for your career. Loyal employees are promoted more often than disloyal ones. Also, loyalty makes you happy: If you can identify with what you do, it makes you happier and more successful. But how does that work with loyalty? We give you 12 important tips for this.
12 tips for more loyalty
Pay attention to what you are saying
Loyalty: honesty and clarity are essential
How you talk about others (or your company) is a key factor in loyalty: Don't talk badly about them behind the back of your friends, partner, or your company. If you cannot or do not want to say anything good, then it is better to hold back from expressing yourself. This does not mean that you must not address points of criticism (we will come to this topic later). But complaining to third parties has nothing to do with loyalty.
At least stick to the facts if you want to say negative things. And: keep the secrets that are entrusted to you. This applies to personal details from your friends' lives as well as the company internals that you deal with at work. Such information is not intended for anyone else.
Internal resignation or separation disturbs loyalty
If you're constantly looking for a different partner, or if you'd rather change your job today than tomorrow, something is going wrong. Loyalty is hardly possible under these conditions. Make up your mind: Are you satisfied with the current situation? Then behave loyally and turn to your counterpart seriously. If not, see what you can change.
Loyalty also applies when things get uncomfortable
Behaving loyally becomes difficult when it comes to different opinions: For example, if you are supposed to support a project in the company that you don't think is a good idea. Or when you have to defend a friend who just really misbehaved. But loyalty is particularly important in such situations. Stand by your friends, your partner and your company even when their goals and opinions do not match yours. In difficult situations it shows who you can really rely on.
The minimum is not enough
Always getting through with as little effort as possible has nothing to do with loyalty. Being loyal also means doing a little more than is absolutely necessary. Get actively involved in the company, actively support friends and offer your help where it is needed. Yes, it takes more time and energy. But it pays off in the end.
Talk about things that bother you
The feeling of loyalty can be permanently disturbed by conflicts. This applies to friendships as well as partnerships or an employment relationship. That is why it is also part of dealing with conflicts at an early stage. Make it clear what is bothering you so that the other person has the opportunity to explain themselves or to change their own behavior.
Don't take advantage of trust
Sometimes it would be so easy to get a few small advantages at the expense of others ... Resist these temptations! Make your expense report correct, do not use the company copier privately and do not enter more hours than you actually worked. In the private sphere, this means, for example, that you don't rummage through the personal things of friends or partners, don't open their mail and don't divulge their secrets. After all, conversely, you want to be able to rely on it.
Resolve loyalty conflicts
Loyalty often goes hand in hand with conflict. For example, if you hurt a friend by being loyal to another. Such conflicts are uncomfortable and not always easy to resolve. Open words often improve the situation: Explain to others why you are behaving disloyally from their point of view and ask for their understanding. Weigh between the two sides and in the end let your conscience decide. For whom is your support more important at this moment? Sometimes, however, there is no satisfactory solution to a loyalty conflict. Then you have to live with the fact that you can't please everyone. Loyalty isn't always easy.
Civil courage is also loyalty
Civil courage is also loyalty
Being loyal to others isn't just limited to people you know. Civil courage is also a form of loyalty. This means for example:
- If you witness a crime, let the police know.
- Take sides with someone who is attacked, insulted, or treated unfairly.
- Return lost items to the lost property office or their owners.
- Keep your eyes open to see if other people need help: Help the mother in the train station to carry her stroller up the stairs. Hold the door open for the man with the crutches. And let the father with the two toddlers in front of the supermarket line.
Fake loyalty harms you
Loyalty has a lot to do with honesty. Conversely, this means: faked or faked loyalty is a double lie. Choose the honest path: Show yourself loyal if you can really represent it. But if you don't want to or can't be loyal, don't pretend it's different.
You cannot demand loyalty, you can only win
Many companies, but also friends and partners, make a crucial mistake when it comes to loyalty: They try to demand it or to force it. This is not possible. Loyalty is always a voluntary thing and has nothing to do with coercion and pressure. Be careful not to fall into this trap yourself: Don't ask for loyalty, but create the basis for others to want to be loyal to you. One of the bases for this is your own loyalty to them.
Loyalty should be mutual
Not only should the employee behave loyally to his company, but also vice versa. The same applies, of course, to a partnership or friendship. If you find that this balance is not right, you should bring it up and, if in doubt, draw your own conclusions.
Loyalty has limits!
The limits of loyalty are reached wherever they go against your conscience. For example, you don't have to cover up your boss's cheating, make up lies for an unfaithful friend, and cover up wrongdoing in your family. If you notice that you cannot support certain decisions, then choose for your conscience and against loyalty. It is fair, however, to address this in good time instead of “pounding” someone.(18 votes, average: 4,61 out of 5)
You need to be a registered member to rate this.Loading ...
- Is Malaysia Airlines safe to fly
- How are volcanoes formed in subduction zones
- How real is the show Undercover Boss
- Why should it be uncomfortable to visit Venus?
- Is Trump personally a Thanksgiving President?
- Time is a 4th dimension
- What is greatest is entrepreneurship
- Is light excited dark matter
- Rich people are better than poor people
- Which first developed plants or animals
- What was the first version of the Bible written
- How do I sell ClickBank products online
- What is meant by money
- Is nudism good for teenagers?
- Which is the most expensive Samsung phone
- Do game developers really make money
- Are make-up and cosmetic products unnecessary
- Can I eat chocolate while fasting?
- What is the Stingray Light Tank
- What are cheap nutritious vegetables
- Why are these foods considered junk food
- What do guys find scary
- What is a wheat penny from 1931 worth
- What does the symbol 2