Is it okay to be dull
dull adj. 'without point, not sharp', ahd.dumph (Hs. 12th cent.), mhd.dull, (md.) dull 'mutilated, truncated, imperfect, bad', mnd. dull, mnl.nl. stomp. The adjective (westgerm. * Stumpa-), which is only used in German and Nl. to the variant given under ↗stampfen (sd) ie. * stemb- the root mentioned under ↗Stab (sd). The oldest meaning is "mutilated, shortened". In mathematics obtuse angles (around 1400), i.e. H. ‘Not acute, but wider, wide angle’ (probably translation from Latin angulus obtūsus). blunt vb ‘Trim, trim, dull’, dull. to dull vb ‘Trim, blunt or become’ (16th century), transferred ‘weaken, insensitive, render or become numb’ (end of 18th century). Dullness f. ‘State of dullness’, dullness of late mothers, dullness; mainly transferred (since the end of the 18th century) to the physical and mental human attitude of insensitivity, indolence, inability to react ’. dull adj. ‘weak-minded, stupid’ (15th century; cf. mhd.stumpfer sin), ‘mentally uninterested and sluggish, callous’ (18th century); from this regressed dullness with ‘mental weakness’ (end of 18th century), then especially ‘mental indolence, indifference’, also ‘boredom, monotony’.
- How do people with a high IQ learn
- How does advertising affect consumer behavior?
- Produces Brazil wines
- How do you get fat overnight
- How do pond turtles get their food
- Predators are extra careful when attacking humans
- Why is Google removing meta keywords
- What is 1 2 3 4 1000
- Is there something eternal?
- How does email marketing work
- How many hours does a psychologist work
- How do I sell ClickBank products online
- What is psychology liberal studies
- What is the definition of a function
- Which search engines don't ignore punctuation
- How are ad servers set up
- How can I imagine a 4D room
- What is kharode soup
- How do you deal with the ultrasonic cleaner temperatures
- What is Siwan Information
- Is Steam down
- Is it unhealthy to eat hot food?
- What is the fee for UG students
- How does an online business grow faster