How hot is a butane lighter
Soldering with a lighter - is that possible?
Depending on the type, solder has a melting point in the range of around 180 - 230 ° C. In order to solder something, this temperature would definitely have to be selectively can be achieved.
This is basically possible with a lighter, as the temperature of a lighter flame can be between 800 and 1,300 ° C, depending on the temperature range. Cigar lighters reach even higher temperatures. The jet flame lighters or the modern laser lighters (highest possible temperature for the lighter) are particularly useful here.
For soldering it is of course also important that the temperature acts on a certain point. This is often problematic because you have to use a soldering tip. A nail can be used for this, but the thermal conductivity is somewhat limited, so that the nail has to be heated for longer.
If you use a laser lighter for cigars, you may be able to specifically heat up a point and possibly do without a tip in one case or another.
Very precise soldering points or soldering points on temperature-sensitive materials (electronics, components, etc.) can certainly not be made with a lighter.
Possibility to solder cables
Since a copper cable has very good thermal conductivity, the copper can be heated directly with the lighter and pressed onto the soldering point together with the solder.
Large and very simple soldering points can be safely produced in this way. Whether the soldered connection is actually durable depends above all on your own skill and the temperature achieved.
Soldering with a nail and a lighter
If you are using a nail, be sure to put it through a cork beforehand so that you can hold the nail in place without getting burned. Because of the low thermal conductivity, you will likely need to heat the nail tip for a long time before it is sufficiently hot.
- Which country pays Japan or Australia better
- What are some golden rules of cooking
- What does W mean on Twitter
- Why did God create the universe
- Geology Why beach pebbles are not spherical
- How do I collect money at SweatCoin
- What is it like to be Lutheran?
- What does a product engineer do
- Why is intelligent design incomprehensible
- What are the 13 best WordPress partner plugins
- How can a mathematician become a physicist
- How does online grocery ordering work?
- Where is the Objection button in Quora
- What causes iron deficiency
- How does technology help population growth
- What is your favorite website interview question?
- What are ten words to describe you?
- Beauty increases with happiness
- Is Python similar to R in syntax
- Teachers should be allowed to swear
- How can I survive when I'm homeless
- What happens if you overdose on cannabis
- Malaysia is a British colony
- How much does B2B outbound marketing cost