How do people with a high IQ learn
If you have these 6 problems, you are probably above average intelligent
Do you know your IQ? Most people have never taken such a test in their life and so many highly intelligent people are completely ignorant of their talent. It is not uncommon for above-average intelligence to remain undetected for a long time - sometimes even forever. Unfortunately, it doesn't necessarily make life easier; instead, it can cause all sorts of problems. You can find out what these are and how you can correctly interpret such signs of above-average intelligence here.
High flyer? Are you kidding me? Are you serious when you say that! The joys and sorrows of above-average intelligence
Those who are highly gifted or above average intelligent should get through life easier in theory, right? Are not success in school and at work inevitable? Unfortunately not! It is often claimed that problems really start with an IQ of 130. Strictly speaking, it is a gifted person. But even an IQ of 116 to 129 is considered above average - and also brings with it one or the other problem for those affected. But why is that?
- As a rule, the higher the IQ, the higher the self-claims of the respective person. If these are not fulfilled, disappointments and self-doubts grow.
- In school, the children often feel under-challenged. They are bored and therefore attract negative attention in class.
- Above-average intelligence or giftedness is only the prerequisite for outstanding performance - but this only takes place with appropriate support. Otherwise the skills often go undetected.
- In order to fully develop a talent, it takes a lot of time for the individual to practice. Too much support can really waste time for gifted people and thus lead to the opposite effect. This is what is known as the 10,000 hour rule, as explained in the following article:
Reading tip: 11 characteristics that are more important to your career than your IQ
- The more intelligent a person, the more they practice self-reflection, question themselves and - consciously or unconsciously - slip into an outsider role. He notices the “being different” without knowing the reasons for it, which can lead to great self-doubt.
Many sufferers therefore tend to “hide”, not want to attract attention or even be ashamed of their differences, if their above-average intelligence is not discovered in good time and properly promoted. In this way, giftedness quickly becomes a burden instead of a gift. If you keep encountering the following six problems in your life, you should put aside self-doubt and shame and instead check whether you are not perhaps gifted. So what are the signs of above-average intelligence?
Six signs of above-average intelligence
The following problems do not necessarily mean that you are “worse” or “dumber” than other people, but could indicate that you are gifted. So it's time to use your excellent self-reflection skills:
- Are you often tired or do you almost fall asleep at your desk, in meetings and the like? Then it can be due to an insufficient demand on the one hand, but also to the more complex processes in your brain on the other. You simply take in more information, process it more comprehensively and thus feel exhausted more quickly. A ten to 15-minute power nap can already work small miracles - Albert Einstein already knew and cultivated this.
- Are you often labeled as know-it-all or snooty? If you keep encountering social problems because of this, or if you are mirrored that you seem arrogant, this may also be due to an above-average intelligence. So sometimes it is better to keep your knowledge to yourself or not to peddle your outstanding achievements. However, modesty does not mean that you are ashamed of your talent!
- Are you at a standstill? Here you have to find the right amount. Because many highly intelligent people tend to be too withdrawn. They are not very self-confident and do not ask for “rewards” for their performance - for example a raise or a promotion. The result is then a career stagnation. Be proud of your talents and seek a one-on-one conversation with your manager to discuss your career goals instead of acting as the busy bee in the farthest corner of the office.
- Do you often feel overwhelmed? Do you often feel overwhelmed at work and in other life situations and suffer from fear of failure? Then this is mostly due to the exaggerated expectations you have of yourself. Reduce your self-claims and learn to trust in your (above-average) abilities. If you can't do it - who will ?!
- Do you suffer from anxiety? It is not only fear of failure that troubles many exceptionally intelligent people, but also fear of the future, social phobias, panic attacks or other anxiety disorders. How so? Because you worry a lot more about yourself, the future, or a “what-if” than the average person. In extreme cases, therapy can help.
- Can't make up your mind on a destination? Another problem that many highly intelligent people encounter at work is this: You can quickly become distracted from your career goals because you have numerous interests. So you find it difficult to specialize and be an expert in just one area. You would like to do everything at the same time - and don't do anything with the determination that is necessary for a successful career. So learn to focus on a goal and pursue it with perseverance.
What other signs of above-average intelligence do you know? Are you perhaps highly gifted yourself and what problems do you face as a result - now or in the past?
Photo credit: Stokkete / Shutterstock.com
DO IT is the newsletter for everyone who always wants to be UP-TO-DATE in JOB and BUSINESS. From career planning and salary negotiations to exciting studies and valuable expert tips. Once a week, free of charge and straight to your mailbox.
You have successfully registered!
Also interesting and worth reading
- What gives paper money its value
- What does 2,000 pounds look like
- Which number out of 60 is the 15th?
- What is SRLTE in telecommunications
- What does leveling mean in poker
- How have you been successful with affiliate marketing
- Gog and Magog live in Antarctica
- What has made you laugh lately
- Why should I never move to Israel?
- What does the USA export
- Do imaginary numbers have an absolute value
- Which WordPress can I connect to?
- Why does Apple not have an MVNO
- Love empowers you morally
- What are some good free giveaways
- Why is the earth oval
- What do the Scots think of Americans
- Would you like Quora's old anonymous function
- How does a socio-economic class affect intelligence?
- When does a crush become love?
- Why is food so unhealthy
- What do worms eat
- How would a global recession affect cryptocurrencies
- How does the Ubers surge pricing algorithm work