Why is Islam very welcome in Indonesia
Up to 95% of the population are Muslims - but not everyone follows the same ideology. The further east you travel in Indonesia, the greater the proportion of Christians, Hindus, Buddhists and animists. The islands of Lombok and Sumbawa are mainly Muslim, although Flores has a Christian majority.
The ‘adat’ plays a major role in all of these religions. Religious beliefs and customs are very much influenced by local traditions that are passed down through the generations. A follower of Islam in Indonesia mostly also follows other traditions such as burning incense and making small offerings for local spirits. Many Islamic believers combine Muslim rituals with a deeply rooted mysticism that goes back to the pre-Islamic period in Indonesia. Only a small percentage is Orthodox and the Muslims live mainly in Aceh, North Sumatra, South Kalimantan and Madura. Indonesian Muslims are Sunnis. Compared to Malaysia and the Middle East, Islam in Indonesia is generally much more moderate, although this has changed in recent years. Few women wear a veil and alcohol consumption is widespread. Indonesia is currently the largest Islamic community in the world.
- What is a great tech startup
- Which Bible versions are from the USA
- How do I stop hesitating about anything
- We get an actuarial table in ACET
- What is the cube root of 198
- Is Python better than R.
- Why can't video games be 100% realistic
- How can your moment be your life
- How sexist is Vietnam
- Did Voldemort actually create seven Horcruxes?
- Why don't you like to hate fat people
- Women like sex too
- A kilo is a kilogram
- What computer does a Linux programmer use?
- China has nuclear submarines
- Why did you choose Cornell?
- How do you celebrate the winter solstice
- How was the universe created 12
- Relationships can still be trustworthy at all
- Jamaica is poor
- Singaporeans are nice
- Computer programming is all about coding
- What by nature does something or someone well
- What is the limit x 0 sinx x