Has Germany ever won a war
Hanisauland: Lexicon @todo: from Preprocess
Second World War
In a nutshell
War from 1939 to 1945
The Second World War lasted from 1939 to 1945. It began on September 1, 1939, when German troops invaded neighboring Poland. It ended on May 8, 1945 in Europe with the surrender of Germany and in early September 1945 in Asia, where Japan, as an ally of Germany, had waged war against the USA. More than 60 million people were killed in the war.
Germany wanted to be powerful again
The National Socialists had come to power in Germany under the leadership of the dictator Adolf Hitler in 1933. They wanted Germany to be big and powerful again. They no longer wanted to accept the provisions of the Versailles Peace Treaty, which limited Germany's power after the First World War.
The beginning of the world war
Germany started the war on September 1, 1939. Poland was the first country to be invaded and occupied by German troops. Germany was allied with Italy and Japan. These powers were called "Axis Powers". During the six years of the war, the main opponents of the Axis were Great Britain, France, the Soviet Union and the USA. A total of 27 nations were involved in this worldwide war. In Europe almost all countries were directly affected by the war. At first, the German troops managed to conquer most of the European countries. But Germany could not defeat its opponents.
The war widened
In 1941 the US entered the war against Germany. Together with its allies, the so-called allies, the USA liberated the areas that had been occupied by the German armies. The German troops were defeated. The dictator committed suicide in Berlin on April 30, 1945. Germany surrendered (gave up) on May 8th and on May 9th 1945 the fighting in Europe was over.
Atomic bomb in Japan
But the Second World War was not over yet. Japan had waged war against the United States in Asia. The Japanese government did not give up until early September 1945 after American bombers dropped atomic bombs on the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Hundreds of thousands of people were killed or seriously injured in the process.
Many millions of victims
In total, over 60 million people were killed in World War II. Most of the victims were in the Soviet Union, where 27 million people were killed. More than six million Jews were murdered by the Germans. Sinti and Roma and other minorities were persecuted and killed.
FAQ / Frequently Asked Questions
(Frequently Asked Questions - this is the English translation of "frequently asked questions")
your further questions ...
- Who was the fattest US president
- What is thermal throttling
- What is the principle of probability
- Is Ben Stokes better than Andrew Flintoff
- How cool is your man 1
- What is the culture of Asheville NC
- How did the Chinese get so rich
- FaceApp keeps your photos private
- How do ADHD medications affect you
- How do I become an affiliate
- Why do tigers chuff
- Which is the most expensive Samsung phone
- Power LG toasters
- Is Kangen water worth buying
- How unsafe foods are after their expiration date
- How do you recruit for a company
- QUAS is a word in Scrabble
- How Walmart checks a bank draft
- Should I start with AWS or Azure?
- Why do people hate military personnel
- Are people involved in Quora content review?
- Isn't patriotically wrong
- What is between birth and death
- Who is your favorite physicist why