Malaysians are nice
Security in Malaysia
Home »General information & tips» Traveling in and to Malaysia »Safety
General information on safety
Before going on an individual trip, questions often arise in advance - also with regard to safety. Malaysia is generally a safe and easy to travel country in Southeast Asia, which has been visited for many years. In Malaysia you will meet very hospitable, helpful and nice people who will greet you with a smile. However, as in any other country, it is advisable to exercise some caution. For example, use the safes in the accommodations for your valuables and never leave money and / or valuable things in your room. You should pay close attention to your valuables on the streets, in squares and on public transport. You shouldn't take valuable things with you that you don't really need. When you arrive, find out if there are any places better to avoid. In the capital, Kuala Lumpur, there are pickpockets who use scooters to steal their prey. Make sure that you don't wear a flashy handbag on the sidewalks and that you don't keep all your important items in one bag. We recommend scanning the most important travel documents and storing them in a mailbox that you can easily access from abroad.
In Malaysia, especially at airports and ports, there are taxi drivers who want to entice tourists to take a trip with far too high tariffs. Let yourself be transported only with a taximeter or agree on a clear amount before the journey. If you are approached by a driver who pretends to be a partner of our local representative and still demands payment from you, you should contact our local agent to clarify the matter. Then your journey can start and you can enjoy Malaysia, its culture and country & people carefree and to the fullest. You can find more information about Malaysia at the Federal Foreign Office.
Security situation in Borneo (Sabah)
As a result of the penetration of Philippine rebels in the eastern district of Sabah near Semporna, the government established a security zone in Sabah in 2013 and stabilized the situation in large parts of Sabah. Among other things, more police patrols and controls are now being carried out. Military bases have been set up on some islands to ensure greater security. However, the bases do not affect tourism on the islands and are inconspicuous. Only for the southern islands in Sabah, which can be reached from the port of Semporna such as Mabul, Sipadan and Pom Pom Island, we would like to call for particular caution at the moment and therefore do not offer any modules in the region. Unfortunately, there have been several kidnappings in the Semporna region over the past two years. On the website of the Foreign Office there is a security notice for this situation.
We have not found any further restrictions on the security situation for the building blocks in the regions around Kota Kinabalu, Sandakan and in the Tabin Nature Reserve near Lahad Datu. You can also tour the islands of Lankayan and Selingan. If you should still have concerns, as both islands are very close to the Philippines, we can alternatively offer you a bathing stay on the island of Gaya in front of Kota Kinabalu or in the beach hotels near Kota Kinabalu and Kuching.
- Are there legitimate products on ClickBank
- How long does protein synthesis take
- What are some poems about poems
- How to choose a good email username
- How common are Alzheimer's
- How do you do outbound marketing
- What are the dangers of chemsex
- What is the minimum qualification for NTU
- What are some zero plastic supermarket ideas
- How will social games develop?
- What is the need for DevOps
- What is the worst hotel in Istanbul
- What are some examples of plant parasites
- What is chatbot technology
- What does Superman represent
- Can human consciousness be extraterrestrials
- Are there tritransitive verbs
- Who persecuted Christ
- Does Jumia have an affiliate program
- What motivates you 8
- What's the best you've ever found
- What makes someone a bad writer
- Are psychedelics worth taking?
- What are the limits of Newtonian mechanics
- Who was Lilith in the Bible
- Measures GDP income or receipts
- What is the best meat smoker
- The dealer bets money on blackjack
- How is meritocracy practiced in Singapore
- Why are phone calls currently out of date
- What is the best cheap protein powder
- Cancer patients can wear gold
- What is sexual sadism disorder