The Tolugu Telugu film industry is changing
Lexicon of film terms
Suitcase word from: 'Telugu' + 'Hollywood' based on the model of Bollywood
Telugu is a Dravidian language that is spoken by around 70 million people in the densely populated southern Indian state of Andrha Pradesh and neighboring states. Tollywood is the third center of the Indian film industry, alongside Bollywood and Kollywood. Located around the capital Hyderabad since 1921, Tollywood produces around 200 films a year for the cinema-loving and well-connected Telugu speakers. Special prizes for films in Telugu have been given to film artists and technicians by Filmfare Magazine since 1990 (Filmfare Awards South India, since 2007 there is the Filmfare Legend Award). Since 2003 there has been a Telugu film award from the weekly film magazine Santosham, and the state of Andhra Pradesh annually praises the Nandi Awards in numerous categories. The themes of the Telugu film are similar to those of the Hindi and Tamil films; The dominant factor is, of course, the dramatized realization that love makes life more beautiful and worth living. A Telugu superstar like the 'Andrha-James-Bond' Krishna Ghattamaneni (born 1943) has appeared in over 330 films. (LK)
Literature: Kumar, Shanti: Mapping Tollywood: the cultural geography of “Ramoji Film City” in Hyderabad. In: Quarterly Review of Film and Video 23,2, 2006, pp. 129-138. - Art. 'Tollywood'. In: Wikipedia; :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tollywood. - Art. 'Telugu Cinema'. In: Wikipedia; URL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telugu_Cinema.
Article last changed on 05.02.2012
- Which is better Bluehost or Wix
- What do MBA finance professionals do
- How are craters aged on the moon
- Do I have to buy a bitcoin?
- How do I get travel sponsorship
- What is open die forging
- What is a great customer experience
- Why are Dyson vacuum cleaners so successful
- Euro coins are used in the USA
- Grapeseed oil is an essential part of aioli
- What is critical in critical thinking
- Can i work with affiliate marketing?
- Who really controls China?
- Men are intimidated by beautiful women
- Why is the Republican Party Islamophobic
- Snow White was bad
- What do you think of the Asian culture
- What is RTB realtime bidding
- Is there a country that is looking for citizens
- What is news
- Is anyone from the Titanic still alive?
- What are some ancient pagan gods
- To what extent do farmers help people
- Can fractions contain decimal places