Antibiotics become less effective
Use antibiotics correctly and avoid resistance
should be taken for as long as the doctor has prescribed them. If symptoms subside earlier, that does not have to mean that all pathogens have been killed. Leftover germs can ensure that a disease breaks out again.
If any tablets are left over, they should not be saved for later use or given to other people. Medicinal residues can be disposed of with normal household waste or given to some pharmacies. However, pharmacies are not obliged to remove the opened packs. It is important not to dispose of drug residues down the sink or the toilet. This pollutes the environment and also contributes to the development of resistance.
Medicines can only work optimally if they are used as intended. When taking is important to know:
- Can a tablet be broken up to make it easier to take? For some drugs, this can make them less effective.
- Which foods can they be consumed with? are usually taken with water, as ingestion with juices, dairy products or alcohol can affect the absorption of some active substances into the body. In addition to milk, dairy products also include butter, yogurt, cheese and quark. Even after taking the antibiotic, it may be necessary to wait up to three hours before consuming dairy products. Grapefruit juice and containing minerals like can also inhibit the effects of.
- When should the antibiotic be taken? Some products should always be taken at the same time of day - others before, during or after a meal. For example, if a drug is to be taken three times a day, fixed intervals must usually be observed so that it works as evenly as possible throughout the day. Anyone who is supposed to take an antibiotic every 8 hours can memorize fixed times, for example 6 a.m. - 2 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Are you taking other medications at the same time? Since it can interact with other drugs, it is important to tell your doctor if you are taking other drugs. Interactions are possible with certain blood thinners and with agents against heartburn (antacids). Some can make birth control pills work less well.
You can find detailed information on using an antibiotic in the package insert. If you are unsure what to look for when taking it, you can seek medical advice or go to a pharmacy.
- What would happen if the moon exploded?
- What does the symbol 2
- Is anyone from the Titanic still alive?
- Which TISS institute is the best
- How many millionaires become billionaires
- Have Pekingese dogs ever been eaten in China?
- What are the best collector's watches
- Which country is the largest coffee exporter
- Why do magnets only attract iron?
- Is Thailand a democracy
- What's for Christmas this year
- What are some of the dangers of space
- Why is the Chinese writing system considered beautiful
- What's the best resource for learning to code
- You can buy natural diamonds under 100
- What does anaconda do best for data science
- What is important in a teenager's life
- What is kharode soup
- How did fast food get so popular
- Why does the mixed economy begin
- When will the United Kingdom have proportional representation?
- How much does a 1988 20 invoice cost
- Why do some people mention A2A
- What is the best food that represents France
- Can you own a beach in Florida
- Why does hydrogen only have one proton?
- Narcissism is an epidemic
- What is the secret of streetwear fashion marketing
- How is summer in Macau China
- What's the Best Penny Stock Newsletter
- What does com Android Messaging do
- What is the best solar water pump
- What happened to your worst bully
- What are your favorite Quora answers