Remote jobs are good
Home workThese countries are best suited for remote work
Home office work is increasing - not least because of the pandemic. Where the prerequisites are right, employees appreciate the flexibility when working from their own four walls. Working outside a permanent office is particularly easy in digital professions.
This was also recognized by some Caribbean islands last autumn, which, due to the lack of tourists, were relying on a new target group: employees in the home office. The islands of Aguilla, Aruba and Barbados therefore offered a special visa that allows you to live and work there for several months. Applicants usually have to provide proof of employment and income. A corona test or quarantine upon entry are also mandatory in some cases. In Aruba, the special visa is only aimed at US citizens.
However, what is most important for the right place to work are the necessary technical requirements and not so much the beautiful view and good weather. The Digital Nomad Index of the British telephone system provider Circle Loop has therefore compared the data from 85 countries and evaluated them using the central criteria for working in the home office and summarized them in an index. Circle Loop includes:
- the average speed for broadband internet and mobile internet and their costs
- the average rent for a one-bedroom apartment
- the number of searches for jobs with remote work
- and the World Happiness Index for the respective country
These countries are best suited for remote work
# 10 Germany
Germany occupies tenth place with 60 out of 100 possible points. Although the cost of an Internet connection and renting a one-room apartment are among the three lowest in this ranking, the Internet speed of 120.13 Mbps is still expandable compared to the majority of cities. With 49.67, Germany is also one of the bottom three of the top ten when it comes to the speed of mobile Internet.
# 9 Switzerland
Switzerland ranks ninth just ahead of Germany. Although the internet and mobile data are better here, Switzerland can also cost a lot: the average rental costs for a one-room apartment are almost twice as expensive as in Germany at 1,661 US dollars. Internet usage prices are also the highest of the top ten countries, with an average of $ 72 per month.
# 8 Australia
Remote jobs in Australia seem to be gaining attention. With 17,600 searches per year, the country has the third highest value in this ranking. However, there is still some catching up to do when it comes to the requirements for digital work: At 58.52 Mbps, broadband internet speed is the worst in this ranking. However, Australia compensates for this with the mobile data and achieves the best value with a speed of 88.35 Mbps. In terms of price, the country is in the midfield. In the overall ranking, Australia is just ahead of Switzerland with 60.16 points.
# 7 Netherlands
The mobile internet is almost as fast in the Netherlands. The country is also in the upper midfield when it comes to broadband. According to the World Happiness Index, the Dutch are also quite happy with their home country. With a value of 7.45, the Netherlands has the second highest value of the top ten. Overall, however, it is enough for seventh place with an index value of 60.27 points.
# 6 France
France scores particularly well when it comes to broadband. With a speed of 177.93 Mbps and an average monthly price of just under $ 28, it is better value for money than the previous countries. With mobile internet, on the other hand, there is still some catching up to do in terms of speed. And the demand for remote jobs is also rather low with 5360 searches per year. With a total score of 60.8, France ranks sixth in the Digital Nomad Index.
- Why is Jupiter turning so fast
- Why can't my PC play games
- Why does the mixed economy begin
- What chemicals neutralize methamphetamine
- How do we see a shining object
- How can I view my browsing history
- How much does a fashion designer earn
- What are some website ideas
- We could theoretically simulate the universe
- Can rabbits recognize people?
- Young Singaporeans are very superficial
- Is WordPress a database
- What would happen if the moon exploded?
- What is Durham Bristol
- How do you keep your mind sharp
- The Bible contains all truth
- Why are religious organizations exempt from tax
- How can I sell things
- What is Giffen's paradox
- Why do GMO foods cause cancer
- Why are westerners obsessed with IQ
- Is Pattaya worth a visit
- How is your experience with Facebook ads
- GoDaddy is trusted for hosting