Who would like to visit Sri Lanka
Corona Virus in Sri Lanka
The corona virus has also arrived in Sri Lanka. We want you to have one in this article Overview of the current situation give. How many confirmed corona cases are there currently in Sri Lanka? We also go into the current entry and exit regulations.
The government of Sri Lanka originally announced that tourists would be allowed to re-enter as early as August 1, 2020. However, this was not implemented. Now, in the second attempt, January 21, 2021 has been implemented for the tourist reopening in Corona times. Since January 21, 2021, you can travel to Sri Lanka again as a tourist.
Table of Contents
Entry to Sri Lanka in Corona times: These are the conditions
To enter Sri Lanka in Corona times, the following conditions apply:
- Booking a "Safe and Secure Level 1 Hotel" for the first 14 days. When booking, you will receive a reference number from the hotel, which you will need to apply for the ETA. You can call up the list of authorized tourist hotels for Corona times here. Unfortunately, other accommodation is not allowed for the first 14 days of your stay in Sri Lanka. However, you can also change hotels within the first 14 days and thus stay in several "Safe and Secure Level 1 Hotels".
- Conclusion of a Sri Lankan Corona international health insurance (The cost is $ 12 per person). The insurance is valid for 30 days and has a coverage of $ 50,000. It can be extended for an additional 30 days for a fee of US $ 6 per person. You can find more information about Corona insurance here.
- Application for the ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization) at this link. It entitles you to a stay of up to 30 days in Sri Lanka.
- You need a negative PCR Corona test result to enter the country (at departure max. 96 hours old)
- You also have to do this at the airport in Sri Lanka Fill out the Health Declaration Form. Your body temperature will also be checked at the airport.
- To be done locally in Sri Lanka further corona teststhat you have to pay yourself: A corona test at check-in at the hotel (arrival), another corona test between days 5 and 7 and a third corona test if you stay in Sri Lanka for more than 7 days (between days 10 and 14). You have to bear the costs of 40 US dollars per test and person yourself and pay in advance along with the ETA fee. Children under the age of 12 do not have to take another corona test in Sri Lanka, provided there are no symptoms and no fellow travelers test positive for corona.
- If you already have a full corona vaccination received, which was carried out at least 2 weeks ago, the quarantine in Sri Lanka can be omitted if your Corona test result is negative. However, you still need the negative corona test to enter the country and have to take another corona test after arriving at the airport. It is important that you can provide proof of vaccination in English (possibly as a translation). (Source: Sri Lankan Ministery of Health)
To coordinate all documents and information, you can download the “Visit Sri Lanka” app.
Conditions for tourists in Sri Lanka
The Safe and Secure Level 1 Hotel should generally not be left. There is one, however List of authorized tourist attractions, which you can also visit in the first 14 days. Your visit must be registered in advance. It then takes place at a special time that is only open to tourists. After the first 14 days, you can move around Sri Lanka without any restrictions.
During the quarantine period you are allowed as a tourist in Corona times no public transport use in Sri Lanka. Transport must be organized through the hotel or the tour guide. Domestic flights are also allowed.
Unless you are in Sri Lanka tested positive for Corona you will be transferred to a private hospital. The costs are covered by the corona insurance that you have to take out for entry.
After the first 14 days in Sri Lanka and negative Corona test results, you can then move freely around the country and freely choose your overnight stay. If you can already show a complete Corona vaccination, freedom of movement in the country is possible beforehand.
Sources: Information flyer from the Sri Lankan tourism authority for tourists as well as travel and safety information from the Foreign Office
Current Corona situation in Sri Lanka
According to the official Covid-19 website for Sri Lanka, the following corona numbers are recorded in Sri Lanka (as of May 14, 2021, 3:33 p.m. local time):
- Confirmed corona cases: 135.796
- Active corona cases: 25.688
- Already recovered: 110.108
- dead: 892
(Source: Covid-19 Sri Lanka)
There was one in all of Sri Lanka Night curfew between 11:00 p.m. and 4:00 a.m.. This has now been lifted again.
Classification as a Corona risk area and conditions for the (return) journey from Sri Lanka to Germany
Sri Lanka was classified by Germany as a Corona risk area with effect from May 16, 2021. Therefore currently a Travel warning for Sri Lanka. The classification as a corona risk area is based on the list of the Robert Koch Institute (RKI).
If you fly from Sri Lanka (back) to Germany, you are in Germany anyway no quarantine required. This applies to all federal states since May 13, 2021 and is regulated in the coronavirus entry regulation. However, you will need one of the following three things for the flight from Sri Lanka to Germany:
- either a negative Corona test result (Antigen test max. 48 hours old or PCR, LAMP or TMA test max. 72 hours old) or
- one Vaccination certificate, which certifies a Covid vaccination that has been fully completed for at least 14 days (the first vaccination is sufficient for those who have recovered) or
- one Proof of recovery (The PCR test carried out for this must be at least 28 days ago and may be a maximum of 6 months old)
The possibly necessary Corona test must already be carried out in Sri Lanka (or before entering Germany) and is required for children from 6 years of age. The 48 or 72 hour period applies from the time of the smear test to the time of entry (arrival) in Germany.
In addition, you must register at einreiseanmeldung.de before entering Germany.
You should also check the travel conditions of your selected airline and, if applicable, the transit country. It is possible that a PCR test may be required here.
History: departure and extension of the visa
According to the authorities in Sri Lanka it was announced that the validity of the issued visas for foreigners was extended until July 11, 2020.
When leaving, however, you had to pay overstay fees at the airport for exceeding the actual visa duration.
Sources: Foreign Office / German Embassy Colombo
Return program due to Corona in Sri Lanka
The Federal Foreign Office has launched a return campaign for many travel destinations. Holidaymakers or travelers stranded abroad are brought back to Germany with additional flights. This now also applies to Sri Lanka. The following flights took place as part of the return program for Sri Lanka:
- Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 9:55 p.m. local time from Colombo to Frankfurt (flight no .: DE8705)
- Friday, April 3, 2020 at 10:30 p.m. local time from Colombo to Frankfurt (flight no .: DE8705)
There will probably not be any more return flights organized by the Foreign Office or the German Embassy for Sri Lanka.
(Source: German Embassy Colombo)
- What motivates smart employees
- Why is karate not in the Olympics
- How do schools make children less intelligent?
- Should I love my stepfather
- Is life a paradox
- Who bought PayPal on eBay
- How do I develop a blog post
- Who invented the first smartphone 4
- What is your joy in life
- Which country killed the most people
- What are examples of clinical psychology
- Is underground real food
- Facebook censors its users
- Is an SGPT of 60 serious
- Have you ever tried something new?
- Is the Shanghai language endangered
- What defines music about a person
- What are antimatter and dark matter
- How to convert mg to ml
- Why does the government use food stamps
- What is sexual sadism disorder
- Why do we like carbonated beverages
- Why are MLMs legal
- Why couldn't I access my WordPress blog